cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WMa2
Novice

No light for Intel edison board/

Hey community:

I just brought the intel edison board. I got the power supply just as the intruction told. a DC power supply that is 12V more than 1.5A and center positive.

When i plug the power on. The broad did not have the light costantly on. Instead it only lite up when i plug in the socket and goes out right after. The pc doesn't pick up the board which mean there is no power to the board. can someone help me

Wen Bo Ma

5 Replies
Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi InnovatorPrime,

• Were you able to use it at some point? Did you have this problem from the very beginning?
  • Do you have another similar power supply that you can use?
  • Do you get a different behavior when connecting the board via USB cables or with a battery?

If possible, I would appreciate if you upload a picture of the power supply specs, just to make sure everything is alright with that. It would be great to have a picture of the Edison board from above, also. This is to check the position of the jumpers.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

WMa2
Novice

I was never able to use it. My pc will not even identify it as a flash USB drive.

Yes I tried 2 different power supply still nothing.

I do not have a battery to connect to. USB cable power still has no effect.

WMa2
Novice

Do you have any suggestions? I sent what you asked

Pablo_M_Intel
Employee

Hi InnovatorPrime,

According to your first description, you're having this issue since you first used the board, right? I would suggest you to contact the place of purchase. If there is no LED activity at all there might be an issue with the voltage regulator. Most places have an specific warranty period since the day of purchase, if you bought your board recently you shouldn't have any problem. However, if the store is not able to help you please contact us back.

Regards,

PabloM_Intel

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Have you been able to work with your board?

Did you contact the place where you bought the board?

Regards,

Charlie