cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IIvan14
Beginner

No video output when connecting STCK1A8LFC to Sony Bravia KLV-32S550A

Hi

After connecting STCK1A8LFC to Sony Bravia KLV-32S550A by HDMI - stick starts, but on TV screen show "Bad or no input signal".

Sound by HDMI goes well, I hear start sound after Ubuntu Login.

I connect stick to other TV, update BIOS to last version, reconnect to Sony but it have no result.

Also i check HDMI input of my Sony by connecting other devices like Android PC (Mele A1000 with HDMI 1.4 output) - no problems with it, image goes well.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi i.ilyichev,

To better understand you; are you using any kind of adapter, home theater or VCR? Is the connection between your TV and Intel® Compute Stick straight connection (HDMI- HDMI)?

Regards,

Hellen.

IIvan14
Beginner

Hi,

I try to connect compute stick directly to HDMI port on rear side of TV. TV has two HDMI ports - i try them all with the same result.

P.S. Also i try to connect stick to the same TV via HDMI->VGA converter. Image and sound presents, but not desired quality because of twice digital to analog conversion.

I use it as temporary solution.

idata
Community Manager

Hi I.ilyichev,

When you use the Intel® Compute Stick in the other TV, does it work properly?

Have you tried to test it with another HDMI cable?

Here you can check the list of tested peripherals for Intel® Compute Stick.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000006029.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000006029.html

Regards,

Hellen.

IIvan14
Beginner

Hi

When i use stick with another TV, it works properly.

My TV is not in list of compatible equipment.

The problem was that stick's output resolution is 1366x786. TV reports that support it, in fact - not support. I connect to stick after booting via VNC and change resoltion to 1280x786, image appears.

The last question is - can i change initial resolution - that stick put to TV after power on to desired value - 1280x786 ? Or it is impossible ?

idata
Community Manager

Hi I.ilyichev,

The only way to change the initial resolution is by the TV; it's because the Intel® Compute Stick through the EDID takes the resolution provided by the TV. If there is anything else you need, please let me know.

Regards,

Hellen.

idata
Community Manager

Hi I.ilyichev,

Did my suggestion help you, with the initial resolution?

Regards,

Hellen.

IIvan14
Beginner

Hi Helen,

Your answer helps me of understainding a problem but not in solving.

My TV reports by EDID that it is supports 1366x768 but in fact TV is not display image in this resolution and write out about signal error.

I have two ways - use of HDMI->VGA converter, i use it now. And the second way is to set and save Ubuntu resoltion 1280x1024 througth VNC when connected to TV. The second way provides the best image quality, but do not provide ways to enter BIOS or use Ubuntu login screen.

The problem is not in Intel Compute Stick. I guess that my situation is rarely and no need a special solution of it.

idata
Community Manager

Hi I.ilyichev,

Thanks for the feedback, if you need something else, please let me know.

Regards,

Hellen.

Matthew_P_Intel
Employee

Ive noticed HDMI on my STCK1A8LFC does not work unless it is powered on after my display. is there a way to force hdmi to work, so i may power on my display last?

-matt

idata
Community Manager

Hi mpinner,

Let's continue the support on this thread: /thread/106178 https://communities.intel.com/thread/106178

Regards,

Hellen.