Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

No video with STCK1A8LCF on Seiki SE39UY04

I tried this ComputeStick on the monitor I want to use, with a HDMI to video adapter. Cycled power. LED on, then goes off when power button held. Then comes back on when power button again held. No video. Thought maybe the ComputeStick won't work with the HDMI adapter. Tried it on my Seiki TV. No video. Swapped ComputeStick with Media Center PC. Port works with media center. Tried ComputeStick in hdmi port previously used by media center. Cycled power on and off. LED lights, goes out when holding power for a few seconds, comes back on. No video. Returned ComputeStick to newegg, and got replacement. Replacement ComputeStick behaves the exact same way. Tried all of above tests and ports. No video. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to have a microSD card installed? Do I need to have a keyboard and mouse installed to see the video? What gives? Tried it on the exact same model TV as is listed in the compatibility table. I'm stumped. Please help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Hhmmm, it sounds like you got a bum unit. It happens from time to time. Contact Intel Customer Support and they will send you a replacement unit.

idata
Community Manager

Sorry, don't mean to be abrasive, but did you read my entire post?

I returned the first CompuStick to newegg. And got a replacement.

That means I tried 2 different ComputeSticks !

Are you are suggesting that they BOTH were bad from the factory?

If that is the case there is definitely a problem with Intel production!

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, I read it completely. Yes, both could be bad (it happens). No, you don't need mSD card installed and no you don't need keyboard or mouse installed (though you should). I presume you set the input for the TV correctly? [just to throw in my own abrasive comment ]

I have used both first-gen and second-gen ICS units - without issue - with a couple of Seiki TVs (in my case, both are SE24FE01 model). I have also used them with adapters and DVI monitors.

Don't shoot the messenger; I don't work for Intel (well, not any more; I'm retired )...

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hi Tom,

It is sad to see that both Intel® Compute Sticks showed the same behavior, Please as Scott suggested contact our support center to process the replacement.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Please let me know if it happens again.

Regards,

Hellen.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Tom,

I was wondering if the information provided helps you.

Regards,

Hellen.