Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AAndr46
Beginner

Number of GPIO pins available as interrupts on Joule

How many of the GPIO pins are available as interrupts on the Joule module? What about the remapped pins?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Ashinn,

Thank for contacting us!

Please let me investigate a little bit more in order to help you with the information requested.

I'll appreciate your patience.

Regards,

-Yermi

idata
Community Manager

Hi Ashinn,

Thank you very much for your patience, I just want to let you know that I'm still working on it, and I'll come back as soon as possible.

Regards,

-Yermi

AAndr46
Beginner

Hi Yermi, thank you.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Ashinn,

I've been looking for GPIO pins information and I found this: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000022494.html Intel® Joule Expansion Board Pin Connector, however, there is nothing mentioned about GPIO as interrupts. So, I tried to make some tests using Mraa in order to check the GPIOs as interrupts. Below you can find the steps I followed:

1. Take a look at the Mraa pin mapping on the Intel Joule: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa/blob/master/docs/grossetete.md Mraa - Intel Joule
  2. I made a simple circuit with a button, when the button is pressed will active the interrupt.
  3. Ran the follow code:

# include "mraa.h"

# include

void ISR();

int main(void) {

mraa_init();

mraa_gpio_context interrupt = mraa_gpio_init(pin_number); //pin_number according Mraa Pin mapping

mraa_gpio_dir(interrupt, MRAA_GPIO_IN);

mraa_gpio_isr(interrupt, MRAA_GPIO_EDGE_BOTH, ISR, NULL);

for(;;) { };

return MRAA_SUCCESS;

}

void ISR() {

printf("Interrupt OK \n");

}

4. I've tested some GPIO pins based on the Mraa ping mapping and the following pins 51, 53 and 55, I could use as interrupts.

In order to test other GPIO pins you can use the code above and check their functionality.

Hope this information helps, also, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me back.

Regards,

-Yermi
AAndr46
Beginner

Hi Yermi,

thank you for that detailed response I appreciate it. Our Joule evaluation board should be here this week and we will follow your instructions to test for other Interrupts, I will post the results here when we have them.

Andrew

idata
Community Manager

Hi Ashinn,

You're welcome, I'm glad to help you. Sharing your results here will be very useful for the community, we'll be waiting for them.

Regards,

-Yermi