Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

On-chip memory initialization by ROM code?

AInte
New Contributor I

Hi there,

I am quite new to Intel Galileo and wanted to know if it is possible to access the SoC on-chip memory before it gets initialized (in particular, before anything is written to it).

Reading the UEFI Firmware Writer's Guide, Chapter 4.2 it says the hardware (I guess the ROM code) takes care of SRAM initialization. So for me there is no possibility to access the "untouched" SRAM by modifying the UEFI sources because the ROM code already zeros it or does it mean that the ROM code only sets up the memory controller? I know this task seems a bit exotic but I am interested in the raw SRAM startup values.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi an.schall,

I will investigate on your issue and let you know when I find some useful information.

Regards

Sergio

AInte
New Contributor I

Hi Sergio,

do you have any news in regard to my request?

Best

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi an.schall

Unfortunately, we have not been able to find any information on your case. We will continue to search for it and try to give you an update as soon as possible.

Regards

Sergio

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi an.schall,

According to the Datasheet of the Quark in section 12, is the host bridge what initializes the SRAM data to 0. Also, take a look at section 12.7.5.1 /docs/DOC-21828 https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-21828 I think you might find it helpful.

Regards

Sergio

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi an.schall;

Do you still have questions related to the chip memory access?

Regards;

CMata