cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RStur
Novice

One-Time First-Boot Scripts for Edison

Jump to solution

Where can I find information about the scripts that run on first boot with the intel Edison. I'm talking about the scripts that run right after you flash a new image that manage the partitions, etc.

For instance, the contents of /etc/fstab are replaced on first boot - and I am looking to modify this behavior among other things. If there's a specific yocto recipe in the intel edison distro I can look into, I can write a .bbappend to make the changes I need to make, but I am having difficulty sorting out where these behaviors are defined.

Thanks!

1 Solution
RStur
Novice

To sort of partly answer my own question here there's a post-install.sh script that's installed as a service as a part of the stock image. It seems to be responsible for modifying /etc/fstab as i had observed. A .bbappend that modifies this recipe takes care of the issue neatly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RStur
Novice

To sort of partly answer my own question here there's a post-install.sh script that's installed as a service as a part of the stock image. It seems to be responsible for modifying /etc/fstab as i had observed. A .bbappend that modifies this recipe takes care of the issue neatly.

View solution in original post