cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FFahd
Novice

OpenCV

Hi,

So I've been working on some real time video processing code based on hand movement, similar to gesture recognition. The latest linux image for the Galileo apparently supports OpenCV. The code that I have been writing is done in OpenCV3 C++ in Visual Studio 2015. I don't have too much experience with Linux but is there any sort of guide that will show me how I can transfer and run this code on the Galileo and how do I go about making the Galileo perform some tasks based on what gesture is detected, say for example to turn on an LED based on a particular gesture.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi FShiwani,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Galileo Platform.

You can use http://rexstjohn.com/use-win-scp-to-copy-files-to-intel-edison/ WinSCP in order to transfer your code file to the Galileo or write it in the board and then compile it by using this command: g++ .cpp -I /usr/include/opencv -o , you can check for more details here: /message/313575# 313575 Open CV on Intel galileo. Also, you can use Eclipse (take a look at: /message/431525# 431525 How to setup OpenCV on Intel System Studio IoT edition?) to compile your code. Moreover, maybe you can customize your code including for example Mraa library that helps to interact with the GPIO pins on the Galileo, however, we have not do it before but you can try and share your results.

Additionally, we would like to suggest you these links that have helpful information:
  • /message/276083# 276083 compiling cpp file using Opencv
  • /message/301070# 301070 Yocto - Intel Galileo - OpenCV - C++

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

-Yermi

idata
Community Manager

Hi FShiwani,

We would like to know if you find the information above helpful, or if you have any other question.

Regards,

-Yermi