cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sk23
New Contributor II

Over the Air Programing (OTAP) support on Edison

Hi ,

I want to use Over the Air programming on Intel Edison to update the program.

Please let me know details how we can achieve you have some reference please share with us.

4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello IoT_srinivas,

What exactly do you mean by over the air? The usual undemanding OTA is to download the latest firmware into a device and flash it, is this what you would like to achieve? If so, I'd suggest you to check the code of configure_edison, it can be found in /usr/bin. This code has an option (--upgrade) which used to download (it was disabled when the image files got bigger than the standard drive of Edison) the latest image and flash it into the board. Even though the command is not working any longer, you could take it as a base to make it download you custom images from your server. Nevertheless, this will probably require that you repartition your board's storage, but it may also depend on how you build the image.

If this is not what you were referring to, please let me know and provide more details if required.

Peter.
sk23
New Contributor II

Hi Peter ,

OTA is to download the latest firmware into a device and flash it. yes

I want to do it on Intel Edsion Baord.

sk23
New Contributor II

Hi Peter ,

OTA is to download the latest firmware into a device and flash it. yes

I want to do it on Intel Edsion Baord. what is required for for firmware update and flash using OTA.

I Want setup own server for download custom images from our server.can you explain the Server details.

OTA update is possible Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.can you explain the complete details.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Srinivas,

After doing some research on this matter I found this link https://gist.github.com/skvark/794217634c5024da9052 https://gist.github.com/skvark/794217634c5024da9052. I would suggest you to study this process thoroughly so you can implement your own solution. Take into account that this is no longer the supported method to flash the Edison module, but this seems like a viable alternative.

Regards,

Pablo