Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9873 Discussions

Performance problem without starting Lightdm at boot

LLazz1
Beginner

Hi to everyone.

I am an happy user of Intel Compute Stick - Linux Version.

I work in a company which is developing a Digital Signage solution based on small devices like Raspberry and, of course, Intel Compute Stick.

Everything works fine if I start the device in "normal way" (eg: with Lightdm at boot starting the full desktop environment). However if I remove the Window environment from starting sequence, performances seems very instable; the device responds very slowly via WiFi and CPU speed continues to jump from 400 Mhz to full speed.

I haven't been able to find out what does the lightdm start script does to the device to stabilize performances; is there anyone there who can help me ?

Thank you for your help,

Luca

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ricardo_G_Intel1
Employee

Intel Customer Support is looking into this issue and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I apologize for the inconvenience you are having with this product and I hope we can provide a solution or at least an explanation for the issue.

Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi LucaBoss,

You already know that LightDM* is the display manager running in Ubuntu. It starts the X servers, user sessions and greeter (login screen). The default greeter in Ubuntu is Unity Greeter

If you have any further questions I would recommend that you go directly to Canonical*. Here is the home website: http://www.canonical.com/ Canonical | The company behind Ubuntu

Regards,

EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello All:

rguevara, thank you for the information provided regarding this Ubuntu inquiry.

LucaBoss, in case any additional questions related to Ubuntu, the recommendation would be to visit the forum provided previously: http://www.canonical.com/ Canonical | The company behind Ubuntu

Regards,

Esteban C