Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Power control - sleep state example

Do any one has been experimenting/working with power saving/sleep states in Galileo ("Gen 1" preferred)?

I know about documentation, I'd need an actual example to play with.

TIA,

Fernando.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi,

I've looked documents available for examples but it seems that there are no examples or sample code to test. On the Galileo, there's some information on power management in section 8 here /servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/23092-102-2-26898/x1000_Datasheet_rev 003.pdf https://communities.intel.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/23092-102-2-26898/x1000_Datasheet_rev%... .

Sergio

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi Sergio,

I've been looking for several hours and I found

but it does not work in "standard" yocto images, maybe it is necessary to build a brand new image, as indicated in that post... however, since it is an old thread and it's possible too many details have changed I've decided to postpone further experimentation on this, the likelihood of failure is too high for me, I've never made a new image/used the BSP or related tools/methodologies.

Thus, I'll close this thread for now.

Thank you very much, at least it is confirmed there is not a simple/quick example to experiment with,

Fernando.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi,

We have been able to enter "mem" sleep state using uclibc-based Yocto image.

Take a look at the Technical Report at the end of

http://fernando.bl.ee/embed-rt/index.html ftinetti - Real-Time & Embedded Systems

("Energy Measurements in IoT/ Maker Development Cards"). The .zip downloadable at that URL contains some documentation in the .pdf (the Technical Report, where Intel Galileo appears at sections 3 and 4), the actual code we used, and a video where the Galileo is shown entering the mem sleep state and waking up after about 30 seconds.

The Techincal Report is about measuring energy consumption, so the other sections are not specifically related to Intel Galileo, actually.

BR,

Fernando.