Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9881 Discussions

Powering my Intel Edison

CMedi5
Beginner

Hi, I've used my Edison with USB wire, but now I want to use it independently, so I tougth to buy this product: https://www.amazon.es/Licke-Alimentador-universal-port%C3%A1tiles-adaptador/dp/B00N2PQA1S/ref=sr_1_4... Licke - Alimentador de red universal para portátiles (con adaptador e indicador) tensión: 5 V-15 V: Amazon.es: Informáti… , so I can use it with other things. Do you think it's a good choice, and what would be the best configuration? I tought 9V/2A, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Carlos

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hi Carlos,

The Edison with the Arduino Expansion Board powered by a power supply supports 7V to 15V. Regarding the current, it often uses 500mA but it could use more than this (600mA ~750mA). The board will not draw more than 2A if you are concerned of using the power supply you posted above.

I'm currently using a power supply of 12V and 1.5A and it works great. If you are going to use a power supply of 9V and 2A you shouldn't have problems.

Regards,

Charlie

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hi Carlos,

The Edison with the Arduino Expansion Board powered by a power supply supports 7V to 15V. Regarding the current, it often uses 500mA but it could use more than this (600mA ~750mA). The board will not draw more than 2A if you are concerned of using the power supply you posted above.

I'm currently using a power supply of 12V and 1.5A and it works great. If you are going to use a power supply of 9V and 2A you shouldn't have problems.

Regards,

Charlie