cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMedi5
Beginner

Powering my Intel Edison

Jump to solution

Hi, I've used my Edison with USB wire, but now I want to use it independently, so I tougth to buy this product: https://www.amazon.es/Licke-Alimentador-universal-port%C3%A1tiles-adaptador/dp/B00N2PQA1S/ref=sr_1_4... Licke - Alimentador de red universal para portátiles (con adaptador e indicador) tensión: 5 V-15 V: Amazon.es: Informáti… , so I can use it with other things. Do you think it's a good choice, and what would be the best configuration? I tought 9V/2A, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,

Carlos

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hi Carlos,

The Edison with the Arduino Expansion Board powered by a power supply supports 7V to 15V. Regarding the current, it often uses 500mA but it could use more than this (600mA ~750mA). The board will not draw more than 2A if you are concerned of using the power supply you posted above.

I'm currently using a power supply of 12V and 1.5A and it works great. If you are going to use a power supply of 9V and 2A you shouldn't have problems.

Regards,

Charlie

View solution in original post

1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hi Carlos,

The Edison with the Arduino Expansion Board powered by a power supply supports 7V to 15V. Regarding the current, it often uses 500mA but it could use more than this (600mA ~750mA). The board will not draw more than 2A if you are concerned of using the power supply you posted above.

I'm currently using a power supply of 12V and 1.5A and it works great. If you are going to use a power supply of 9V and 2A you shouldn't have problems.

Regards,

Charlie

View solution in original post