Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AOliv17
New Contributor I

Problem Ethernet communication and uploads.

hello, I'm having some problems with the GalileoGen2 connection to the Internet, even setting up the IP and MAC address in the program do not get communication, I am using the IDE 1.6.5 for Galileo intel. When I type the IP browser, or try to give a ping from the command prompt (cmd), do not get answer. I only have positive response when I upload other code that will post below. The second problem is how to upload. It's almost impossible to unload a few lines of code on the board. I get several errors. I also use Debian 8 in duall boot with Windows 7, and Debian is also the same problem, it is even worse because the codes that compile the IDE using Windows are at least compiled and the same code in the IDE linux 64 to cause errors.

Among the upload failures I get, permission denied among others ..

With the code below I can assign an IP in Galileo.

void setup()

{

system("telnetd -l /bin/sh");

system("ifconfig enp0s20f6 192.168.1.27 netmask 255.255.255.0 up");

}

void loop() {

}

I researched about the failures uploaded program and found no solution. What did I found was that when Galileo has a sketch running the same

does not allow in any way, receiving another program. I've tried several things, change serial port in device manager .. off, reset or restart Galileo, and none of it works.

The only thing that solves it temporarily shut down the computer.

Still I can barely make two uploads until some faulty process Galileo intel or IDE prevents you from downloading some code.

I have also tried to list running processes ('top' command) through Putty in order to kill the sketch process, the more all to no avail.

The board at this level should not have this problem I believe.

I'm getting a message saying that the ethernet library claims to run on another architecture (i586 uClibc), but the code is compiled. I do not know if this can be the cause of the connection problem.

trying to ping the IP assigned to Galileo.

After Web Server upload or other code, Galileo always has IP configuration error. I can be confusing some things as the setting.

Despite the fact the failures upload, I believe it has a way to solve.

I am using the code below, when I see that can not ping Galileo.

void setup()

{

}

void loop()

{

system("ifconfig > /dev/ttyGS0");

sleep (10);

}

Sorry excess written lines ..

8 Replies
asss
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

what Galileo image do you use?

It has https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avahi_%28software%29 Avahi (software) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BR,

xbolshe

AOliv17
New Contributor I

Hello I have this installed on Galileo.

root@galileo:~# uname -a

Linux galileo 3.8.7-yocto-standard # 1 Tue Sep 29 22:16:33 GMT 2015 i586 GNU/Linux

asss
Valued Contributor II

Same issue was there:

BR,

xbolshe

AOliv17
New Contributor I

Hello ! I must be wrong with something, because I try to load an outline for Galileo, but he never has the same IP that was assigned during the upload.

Configured as 192.168.1.177, but check your browser, nothing happens. In cmd it shows 192.168.1.27 when it should be xxx.177.

Below another IP address, prior to uploading code "Webserver"

run "route" command and ping intel and google site.

Galileo is connected to the router. GW 192.168.1.1

asss
Valued Contributor II

Your Galileo board uses a dynamic IP address assignment. So, now it is 192.168.1.27.

This IP address shall be used in a sketch, not 192.168.1.177.

Have you tried to check a sketch with 192.168.1.27?

If you want to use 192.168.1.177 for Galileo, need to configure a static IP address.

BR,

xbolshe

AOliv17
New Contributor I

yes I tried several times to inform the same IP address in the sketch.

Right now it is set to 192.168.1.101 dynamic since I uploaded with the same IP address.

But only I get the message "This works" browser. Nothing more.

Maybe it's something simple, but I'm not finding the problem. .

asss
Valued Contributor II

It seems you have another web server on Galileo board.

Just change a port in your sketch like

EthernetServer server(8088);

and use URI like http://192.168.1.101:8088 http://192.168.1.101:8088 in a browser (just correct IP address).

BR,

xbolshe

AOliv17
New Contributor I

Using 8088 he worked! thank you so much. Follows the image of buttons I'm using to test.

Changing to 8080 also works.

Now it only remains to find out why the upload begins to fail. Perhaps an explanation by the intel was good.

There seems to be a need to update the entire set, IDE and embedded system Linux.