Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JZhan591
Beginner

Problem about WIFI of Intel Edison

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I'v just start the WIFI of Intel Edison,and Connected into WIFI.

Although I can't ping to www.google.com , I can ping to my laptop(wlan0),

I have no idea about it.My laptop and Edison are in the same WIFI,

Why My laptop can surf the google while my Edison can't do so?

Thank you for your help!!!

1 Solution
JZhan591
Beginner

To Dear all,

I have solved the problem!The problem is caused from the router of my school.I haven't mentioned that my pc and my board are in the same "WIFI" of my University, not my private "WIFI".

,Although I receive 0 package of data when I type ping www.google.com,the IP address of google just shows up. So it is accessible to the internet while we just can't ping to the IP out of my university.

One more thing is that, I can use wget to download something from the outside,so it seems does't matter.

Best,

Jingwei

View solution in original post

4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi,

try to ping 8.8.8.8, maybe there is problem with the dns.

You can also try to ping other IPs, for example 173.194.116.100 (youtube).

Flo1991

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

What image version are you using, you can check with configure_edison –version. What is the output you get from ifconfig and netstat –r? What is your computer's IP address?

Sergio

Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Jingwei,

Do you have updates on this? Have you been able to use successfully the WiFi on the board?

Regards,

Charlie

JZhan591
Beginner

To Dear all,

I have solved the problem!The problem is caused from the router of my school.I haven't mentioned that my pc and my board are in the same "WIFI" of my University, not my private "WIFI".

,Although I receive 0 package of data when I type ping www.google.com,the IP address of google just shows up. So it is accessible to the internet while we just can't ping to the IP out of my university.

One more thing is that, I can use wget to download something from the outside,so it seems does't matter.

Best,

Jingwei

View solution in original post