Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PSriv1
Novice

Problem doing remote profiling on an Intel Galileo Gen 2 Board

So I have some code running on an Intel Galileo Gen 2 board which I want to profile using Intel Vtune and it's remote profiling capability.

I have followed the steps given to prepare a target linux system for profiling. But when I try to remotely profile the executable on the board it gives me an error as shown in the picture

I have double checked my installation directory and the location of the executable, made sure that the board has password less entry and even tried command line interface to fire up the remote profiler but still came across the same error, It's not able to find my remote machine configuration for some reason. I didn't follow the steps for building the sampling drivers because it said that while unpacking the .tar package of the vtune profiler on the target system, it would let me know if there was a need to separately build those drivers and I didn't get any message like that.

Is there any way to solve this problem? Let me know what is needed to be done.

2 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello prashast.srivastava,

Let me check if I'm able to find what the cause of the issue is. As soon as I get additional information, I'll post it here.

Regards,

Diego.

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello prashast.srivastava,

The command uname -m on Galileo Gen2 shows i586, so I recommend you to check/configure/build sampling drivers for i586 target system.

Regards,

Diego.