Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASund3
Novice

Problem installing Ubilinux in Intel edison

Jump to solution

Hi,

I followed the https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/loading-debian-ubilinux-on-the-edison Loading Debian (Ubilinux) on the Edison - learn.sparkfun.com tutorial and I went through the flashall.sh script. After it finished I noticed the Edison rebooted a couple of times, and after about 10 minutes it prompted that the flash is success. But when I try to boot using putty from windows and "sudo /dev/ttyACM0 115200" cmd from linux i get a blank screen and i dont see any response when I press enter repeatedly. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Here are the last lines of the boot sequence:

Using U-Boot target: edison-blankcdc

Now waiting for dfu device 8087:0a99

Please plug and reboot the board

Flashing IFWI

# # ] finished!

# # ] finished!

Flashing U-Boot

# # ] finished!

Flashing U-Boot Environment

# # ] finished!

Flashing U-Boot Environment Backup

# # ] finished!

Rebooting to apply partition changes

Now waiting for dfu device 8087:0a99

Flashing boot partition (kernel)

# # ] finished!

Flashing rootfs, (it can take up to 10 minutes... Please be patient)

# # ] finished!

Rebooting

U-boot & Kernel System Flash Success...

Your board needs to reboot to complete the flashing procedure, please do not unplug it for 2 minutes.

1 Solution
Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ash91,

I saw on the tutorial you posted, the following Warning:

WARNING: Once the command prompt window closes, you will need to wait at least 2 minutes for the installation to complete. The Edison should reset a couple of times to finalize its installation. Do not unplug the Edison! It's probably a good idea to walk away for those 2 minutes.

Have you tried with a different USB port (Not sure if you are using the same PC) or different cables?

I suggest you to re-do the Flashing Process and to try with the Yocto image

If you want to continue with Ubilinux, I suggest you to contact http://www.emutexlabs.com/forum/index EmutexLabs for more appropriate assistance regarding this image.

Kind regards,

Charlie

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Carlos_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ash91,

I saw on the tutorial you posted, the following Warning:

WARNING: Once the command prompt window closes, you will need to wait at least 2 minutes for the installation to complete. The Edison should reset a couple of times to finalize its installation. Do not unplug the Edison! It's probably a good idea to walk away for those 2 minutes.

Have you tried with a different USB port (Not sure if you are using the same PC) or different cables?

I suggest you to re-do the Flashing Process and to try with the Yocto image

If you want to continue with Ubilinux, I suggest you to contact http://www.emutexlabs.com/forum/index EmutexLabs for more appropriate assistance regarding this image.

Kind regards,

Charlie

View solution in original post

ASund3
Novice

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the reply. The issue was with the USB cable that i used, with another USB cable it worked without any probs.