Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Problem installing Ubilinux in Intel edison

Jump to solution

Hi,

I followed the https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/loading-debian-ubilinux-on-the-edison Loading Debian (Ubilinux) on the Edison - learn.sparkfun.com tutorial and I went through the flashall.sh script. After it finished I noticed the Edison rebooted a couple of times, and after about 10 minutes it prompted that the flash is success. But when I try to boot using putty from windows and "sudo /dev/ttyACM0 115200" cmd from linux i get a blank screen and i dont see any response when I press enter repeatedly. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Here are the last lines of the boot sequence:

Using U-Boot target: edison-blankcdc

Now waiting for dfu device 8087:0a99

Please plug and reboot the board

Flashing IFWI

# # ] finished!

# # ] finished!

Flashing U-Boot

# # ] finished!

Flashing U-Boot Environment

# # ] finished!

Flashing U-Boot Environment Backup

# # ] finished!

Rebooting to apply partition changes

Now waiting for dfu device 8087:0a99

Flashing boot partition (kernel)

# # ] finished!

Flashing rootfs, (it can take up to 10 minutes... Please be patient)

# # ] finished!

Rebooting

U-boot & Kernel System Flash Success...

Your board needs to reboot to complete the flashing procedure, please do not unplug it for 2 minutes.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Ash91,

I saw on the tutorial you posted, the following Warning:

WARNING: Once the command prompt window closes, you will need to wait at least 2 minutes for the installation to complete. The Edison should reset a couple of times to finalize its installation. Do not unplug the Edison! It's probably a good idea to walk away for those 2 minutes.

Have you tried with a different USB port (Not sure if you are using the same PC) or different cables?

I suggest you to re-do the Flashing Process and to try with the Yocto image

If you want to continue with Ubilinux, I suggest you to contact http://www.emutexlabs.com/forum/index EmutexLabs for more appropriate assistance regarding this image.

Kind regards,

Charlie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Ash91,

I saw on the tutorial you posted, the following Warning:

WARNING: Once the command prompt window closes, you will need to wait at least 2 minutes for the installation to complete. The Edison should reset a couple of times to finalize its installation. Do not unplug the Edison! It's probably a good idea to walk away for those 2 minutes.

Have you tried with a different USB port (Not sure if you are using the same PC) or different cables?

I suggest you to re-do the Flashing Process and to try with the Yocto image

If you want to continue with Ubilinux, I suggest you to contact http://www.emutexlabs.com/forum/index EmutexLabs for more appropriate assistance regarding this image.

Kind regards,

Charlie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the reply. The issue was with the USB cable that i used, with another USB cable it worked without any probs.