Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Problem with Intel XDK IoT with Galileo Gen 2, upgrade daemon error and Intel System studio installation error.

Hi

I am trying working on Intel Galileo Gen 2 with Intel XDK and successfully connected galileo gen 2 with XDK manually over ethernet as its not detecting board, i have installed bonjour also.

I have also created new project without any error but when I am uploading the code its showing error that daemon is old please install least version 0.1.3. When i am trying to upgrade its showing another error I have attached the snapshot of the error.

I have tried all the methods like restarting the system board, uninstalling the XDK IoT edition and installed new XDK 3641.

I have updated other libraries and restarted the daemon but getting same error.

I have tried checking whether daemon is working or not and found no error.

Only one error i am getting couldn't update daemon Error: TypeError: Invalid Version: 4.x.x

I am also unable to install Intel system studio following all the steps as mentioned on guide at Intel website. It showing error of

Can't create/start docker machine: Running pre-create checks...

Error with pre-create check: "This computer doesn't have VT-X/AMD-v enabled. Enabling it in the BIOS is mandatory"

finished with error 3.

Please help me out.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Suryender,

Thanks for contacting us!

We'd love to help you with that, could you please provide us the following information in order to discard another issue?

1. Which image version are you using? You can get that using this command

~# cat/etc/version

2. Which xdk-daemon, mraa and upm versions are you using? Please use these command to get that.

~# opkg list-installed | grep xdk

~# opkg list-installed | grep mraa

~# opkg list-installed | grep upm

Please post the output of these commands here. We'll be waiting for your reply.

Regarding your error using Intel System Studio, Docker is needed and is only supported on Windows 8 and above, the issue you are getting seems to be related with the virtualization that may be disabled in your host computer's BIOS, please take a look at this link: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/675534# Issues_installing_Docker https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/675534# Issues_installing_Docker, there you can find instructions to solve that error.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

-Yermi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Suryender,

We would like to know if you still need assistance.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Yermi,

Given below are the answers for your queries:

1. Which image version are you using? You can get that using this command

~# cat /etc/version

Ans:root@galileo:~# cat /etc/version

1. Which xdk-daemon, mraa and upm versions are you using? Please use

these command to get that.

~# opkg list-installed | grep xdk

Ans: root@galileo:~# opkg list-installed | grep xdk

xdk-daemon - 0.0.17-r0

~# opkg list-installed | grep mraa

Ans: libmraa-dev - 0.6.0-r0

libmraa-doc - 0.6.0-r0

libmraa0 - 0.6.0-r0

~# opkg list-installed | grep upm

Ans: upm - 0.1.9-r0

upm-dev - 0.1.9-r0

waiting for your response.

In Intel XDK Installation I, have done all suggested steps in the given link but same error is coming.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

In Intel studio Installation I am getting the same error.

Done all the steps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Suryender,

Thank you very much for giving us all the information we have requested as well as following the steps suggested in the link, however, it is strange that you continue getting the same issue after following those steps. Please let us investigate a little bit more regarding the ISS-IoT installation issue.

Moreover, we have noticed that your Galileo image as well as the xdk-daemon, mraa and upm are outdated, and we have been able to run an XDK example using latest versions, so, we would like to suggest you to update the Intel Galileo image following the https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-galileo-windows Getting Started with the Intel® Galileo Board on Windows*, and then try with Intel XDK again.

Please let us know whether after updating the image you are able to use the XDK successfully.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Suryender,

I've been investigating your case regarding ISS-IoT installation, and I would like to suggest you to try installing the older version which supports C/C++ and Java projects, the only difference is that you won't be able to create projects for the Intel Joule development platform, but since you are using Intel Galileo, it won't be a problem. Please take a look at the https://software.intel.com/en-us/installing-the-intel-system-studio-iot-edition Installing the Intel® System Studio IoT Edition.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Yermi,

Thank you for your support, now my Intel XDK is working fine after installing latest Yocto Linux Image.

But now when i am working with Python on Galileo Gen 2 with Latest Yocto linux installed i am getting new error while executing the python script while there is no error with older yocto linux, with the same code.

it is working fine with older version of yocto linux, could you please help me out.

code and error are given below:

import mraa

import time

for i in range(0,9):

print(i)

led=mraa.Gpio(i)

led.dir(mraa.DIR_OUT)

led.write(1)

time.sleep(1)

led.write(0)

time.sleep(1)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "digital.py", line 6, in

led=mraa.Gpio(i)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mraa.py", line 890, in __init__

this = _mraa.new_Gpio(pin, owner, raw)

ValueError: Invalid GPIO pin specified

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Suryender,

We're glad to know that now your Intel XDK is working fine.

Moreover, we have ran your code and we got the same error you have got, this error is because the UART1 (which provides access to the Linux serial console through FTDI header) connects to the IO2/IO3 pins, and the IO2 is being used, for that reason we got "Invalid GPIO pin specified" error when the code runs mraa.Gpio(2). If you need to use that pin, we have read that is possible to use the UART1 from A2(Rx)/A3(Tx) pins, however mraa does not support this directly you need to enable the muxing manually, you can check the following link with that information: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa/blob/master/docs/galileorevh.md https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/mraa/blob/master/docs/galileorevh.md.

We have not used the UART1 from A2/A3 pins, however if you try that you can share your results with the community, it will help other users.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos