cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LLore4
Novice

Problem with servo motors

Hi everybody!

I'm using Intel Edison with the grove. I'd like to conrol a servo motor.

But it doesn't work.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks in advance,

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Lorenzo,

Could you provide more details on how you're testing the servo with the Edison? Details such as the following will help us to better assist you.What specifically doesn't work, do you see an error or is the servo completely unresponsive even after the code uploaded successfully?

We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio

LLore4
Novice

I'm using the last image version and the last arduino IDE version. I think it could be the power of the board. When I connect the servo, the board disconnect from the computer.. very strange..

AAndr36
New Contributor III

now you know its not a software issue

LLore4
Novice

ys, of course.

But how can I solve this problem?

Beste regards and thanks in advance,

Lorenzo

AAndr36
New Contributor III

you could try to post pictures of your setup and hope a user with electronic skills will help you

idata
Community Manager

Hi Lollus,

Yes, I agree with Andre.M, posting pictures of your setup will help us identify the problem. When powering the Arduino expansion board through J1, make sure you're providing between 7V-17V DC. Also, check that the voltage toggle switch on the base shield is set to 5V.

You can see https://software.intel.com/en-us/creating-an-app-that-rotates-a-servo-motor https://software.intel.com/en-us/creating-an-app-that-rotates-a-servo-motor for more information.

Let us know if you're able to use the servo.

-Sergio

idata
Community Manager

Hi Lollus,

Do you still need assistance with this case?

-Sergio

LLore4
Novice

Think I solved the problem.

Thank everybody for the help!!!

Best regards,

Lorenzo

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for letting us know you managed to resolve this issue. Feel free to contact the community in case help is needed. We'd be happy to assist you.

-Sergio