I am working with System Studio IoT and the Edison Kit for Arduino. In ISS I am attempting to perform two operations that require information related to UPM version 0.6.0 to be downloaded; both of them are failing. I have attached three screen shots which will, hopefully, clearly demonstrate what is happening.
Here is ISS. I have circled the three areas wherein are displayed the information that is relevant to my issue:
- The Offline examples are being used.
- The sensor data is out of sync (I do not understand what this means)
- The Libraries are Synchronized.
Here is the terminal session where from I launched ISS. You can observe:
- My launch of ISS.
- The errors reported when, within ISS, I attempted to switch from the Offline examples to the Online examples.
- The errors reported when, within ISS I attempted to sync the sensor data
Here is a terminal session where from I connected to my Edison via SSH. You can observe:
- The version of the installed mraa package.
- The version of the installed upm package.
- My failure to determine the version of the Edison firmware.
It appears that the online locations from which ISS is attempting to obtain information about upm version 0.6.0 have not yet been updated. Please advise me - I am nervous about moving ahead and encountering "weirdness" due to things being out of sync.
Also, any guidance on why I am unable to determine the Edison's firmware version would be appreciated.
The recommended way to view this image's version is through the use of cat /etc/version. I just flashed my Edison to the newest version and my mraa and upm versions are different from yours. I have mraa 0.9.5 and upm 0.5.1. How did you upgrade your mraa and upm versions?
Also, take a look at https://software.intel.com/en-us/installing-the-intel-system-studio-iot-edition https://software.intel.com/en-us/installing-the-intel-system-studio-iot-edition . It says that for OSX you need to extract the tar.bz2 file using the tar command. Have you followed this guide and the steps for OSX?
Thank you for responding to my question.
- When I look at /etc/version I see: 201603141535
- Intel System Studio reported that the libraries were out of sync. I clicked something (I do not remember what) in ISS that caused ISS to upgrade the libraries on the Edison board from 0.9.5 and 0.5.1 to 0.10.1 and 0.6.0
- Yes, I installed the Intel System Studio IoT Edition for Mac OS X as per that guide.
These are the steps we followed to have libraries updated and synchronized with ISS and Edison. We ended up with mraa - 0.10.1 and upm - 0.6.2.
1. Update mraa and upm libraries within ISS (go to menu Intel(R) IoT>Libraries Update...)
2. Update mraa and upm libraries on Edison via serial as mentioned here https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/ https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/
root@edison:~# echo "src mraa-upm http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.0/intelgalactic/opkg/i586 http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.0/intelgalactic/opkg/i586" > /etc/opkg/mraa-upm.conf
root@edison:~# opkg update
root@edison:~# opkg install mraa
root@edison:~# opkg install upm
3. Connect to Edison within ISS (Target selection>Target>Connect)
4. Message displayed automatically about Libraries Synchronization, click on Yes to synchronize the libraries. Wait for a success library synchronization message. If no messages are displayed when connecting, then go to Target selection>Target>Synchronize libraries.
Try the steps mentioned above and check if that solves the "Sensor data out of sync" message. If message is still displayed, please provide more details and steps on how you got to that point.