Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9867 Discussions

Problems with Arduino IDE - Does not start

KSels
New Contributor II

I have downloaded the Arduino IDE 1.5.3 Intel 1.0.4 and put it in C:. The problem I got is that the software does not start, nothings happening.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi KimLorentz,

I've seen issues regarding the Arduino IDE in machines running non English versions of Windows OS. Is your Windows OS in English? Probably that is causing the issue. I'll suggest you to check this following site where the WinOS-IDE issue and a couple of suggestions are discussed: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=234307.0 [solved] Arduino Ide 1.5.3 for Intel Galileo won't start. Let us know if this information is helpful.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mdw
New Contributor I

The problem description is too general. Obviously it seems to be on Windows. What's the output if you open Arduino IDE in the command line?

I mean run something like this in cmd.exe:

cd c:\

arduino

Then you could retry the same with cmd.exe in administrator mode.

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hi KimLorentz,

I've seen issues regarding the Arduino IDE in machines running non English versions of Windows OS. Is your Windows OS in English? Probably that is causing the issue. I'll suggest you to check this following site where the WinOS-IDE issue and a couple of suggestions are discussed: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=234307.0 [solved] Arduino Ide 1.5.3 for Intel Galileo won't start. Let us know if this information is helpful.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

KSels
New Contributor II

Edit Formats from Norwegian to English(United States) worked. Its starts normaly now.

KSels
New Contributor II

I am sorry my question was to general.

I am using Windows 8.1 pro,

The problem is when I start the arduino IDE the welcome screen appears but then it suddenly disappears and nothing more happens, like the link you gave me DiegoV_Intel.

I will take a look and see if my windows is in English or not.