Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prao
Beginner

Programming using olimex USB-OCD-H.

Is there any setting to be changed when loading the code into the quark D2000 through ISSM 2016.

The board is customized.

Regards

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

When creating a new Project for D2000 Select 'USB-JTAG Olimex' from the connection dropdown menu.

Once you set this when creating a project you will be able to confirm that the correct setting for the OpenOCD connection is set in the project Debug/Run configurations/

e.g. (Right click on the project -> 'Debug as' -> Debug Configurations')

prao
Beginner

Hi

The above answer is quite ok. The configurations there are same in the ISSM2016. Still i am not able to use the olimex in loading the code. I get the error in the image attached. KIndly help me out.

Regardshttp:// http://

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

It looks like problem is with the OpenOCD connection to the board -- can you try running the below commands from the command line to see if we can get any further information

prao
Beginner

Hi micheal ,

I have not used ROM in the customized board. Whereas in the intel board we have a ROM and we need to update the ROM once before the code is dumped for application for the first time. So is that an issue.

Regards

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

Hi ,

Yes , that is an issue -- you need to have a ROM flashed to the MCU.

There is some additional information on the BootROM process in this document - http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/quark/mcu/d2000/quark-d2000-bootrom-user-gu... Intel® Quark™ Microcontroller D2000 BootROM Process: User Guide

regards,

Michelle.

prao
Beginner

Hi

Is there any way to attach a ROM to the customized board.

Thanks

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

Yes - this should be possible by selecting the Connection type on the 'Update target ROM' dialog.

Did you already verify that you have a good connection to the D2000 using the Olimex by running those commands I sent previously ?

prao
Beginner

Yes, i did verify it but its not working... whenever i create openocd.exe...i get an error mentioned below:

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

Can you try running exactly as below.. looks like you are trying to run the command from the openocd/bin directory rather than the openocd directory so it can't find the scripts ..

prao
Beginner

Hi

I followed the same steps you mentioned.

I am getting below error.

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

Did you attach the right screenshot ? This looks the same as the one you attached previously which does not match the commands I set

-- Michelle.

prao
Beginner

HI

The attached screen shot is correct. I tried the path you gave.Its not working.

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

The path is correct for the ISSM_2016.0.27

Just make sure you are in 'ISSM_2016.0.27\tools\debugger\openocd' directory when you run the command :

bin\openocd.exe -f scripts/interface/ftdi/olimex-arm-usb-ocd-h.cfg -f scripts/board/quark_d2000.cfg

prao
Beginner

Hi

When we load the code to the board using olimex i get the below error.

prao
Beginner

Hi Mitchelle,

I followed the same instruction set as you sent.

I am getting the above error.

Michelle_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Praveen

From the ISSM error it seems like the Olimex Device is detected so the issue is with some of the other configuration

- check the correct FTDI drivers for the Olimex Device are installed

- try reducing the speed in the quark_d2000.cfg config file ( c:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_2016.1.067\tools\debugger\openocd\scripts\board\quark_d2000.cfg )

e.g.

# default frequency but this can be adjusted at runtime

adapter_khz 500

-- Michelle.

prao
Beginner

Hi mithchelle

By using the command prompt through the command you sent... i am getting this error...

how can i eliminate it...suggest me soon pls.....