cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Protecting / Encrypting My Edison Image from Others

Hello all,

I have recently begun Cloning / Imaging my current Edison setup (software and packages as well as scripts and files) so that it can easily be put on fresh out-of-the-box Edison's, effectively creating clones of my current Edison. This leads me to an interesting question:

Is there a way I can protect my current Image from being ripped off of my Edison by a malicious third party with access to the hardware? I am interested in protecting intellectual property specifically, such that no one else can see what I have done.

Thanks for your time,

John

Tags (2)
4 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

There was a discussion related to encrypting and securing files. Take a look at

Let me know if this was useful.

Sergio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

I have read over this thread once before, it seems that you cannot prevent people from pulling your image off of an Edison. I am wondering if it is possible then to obfuscate my current Edison Image such that if someone were to download my Image off of the hardware it would be encrypted and they would be unable to use it or see its contents? Perhaps through an ecrypted file system?

Thanks,

John

Highlighted
Employee

Edison software and image are designed as open software; there is nothing available to protect intellectual property as it would contradict the open source principle.

Sergio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Hi Sergio ,

intel_corp

We are not getting any solution. we got default response. we need a solution.many issue are ended without any solution.

is there any way to solve the problems. is there any loyalty for extra support from Intel.

0 Kudos