Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse wave generation using GPIO.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to generate pulse wave on the GPIO using MCU application.

while(1) {

gpio_write(GPIO_PIN, 1);

mcu_delay(riseTimeUS);

gpio_write(GPIO_PIN, 0);

mcu_delay(fallTimeUS);

}

But I am observing that sometimes the width of the pulse is not consistent, either the rise time or fall time gets changed automatically without any change in the input data. The screenshot is attached herewith, where I am trying to generate pulse train, but the the pulses are not of uniform width.

May I know is this hardware limitation or do I need to change some configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Gurudatta.

1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello Gurudatta_Bhakte,

There is a known issue with the Edison's MCU where there is a delay which affects the GPIOs. If the delay you are reporting is small, then it is the known issue, this is the main reason why a manual PWM might fail using the MCU. We are aware of this issue and we are currently working on fixing it. We hope to solve it in a future software release, nevertheless there is no ETA for a fix.

-Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Gurudatta_Bhakte,

There is a known issue with the Edison's MCU where there is a delay which affects the GPIOs. If the delay you are reporting is small, then it is the known issue, this is the main reason why a manual PWM might fail using the MCU. We are aware of this issue and we are currently working on fixing it. We hope to solve it in a future software release, nevertheless there is no ETA for a fix.

-Peter

View solution in original post

Thank you Peter for this information.

Best regards,

Gurudatta