cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Quark D1000 CRB v3 - Serial Console

Hi,

Went through the full ISSM Installation Guide for D1000 step by step.

Page 7 says the below about connecting at 19200 but i never see any output.

This does not work at 19200, or at 115200. State1 and State 2 LED's flash alternately.

I however, can find the jtag "tap" when i connect via openocd/ISSM and that works fine as per ISSM User and Reference manual.

Also, the reset button on the CRB doesnt do anything, i presume it should reboot the D1000? and we should see boot messages in putty also?

Do i need to hold the reset button for a certain number of seconds?

thanks

avijit.M bartosz.firmwave

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted

Hi Adrian,

You might not see the boot messages due to nothing being flash to the board. As per step 4, it do mention that it is required for OpenOCD connection, flashing and debugging. Have you perform this steps in advance?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Soffi,

my devices manager is setup correctly as in section 4 above, is this what you mean?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Adrian,

You need to flash the sample code come along with ISSM to see the output before proceed to step 5. Have you done the flashing?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Soffi,

looking for the instructions to flash the board and no such file as Release_Notes.pdf in my ISSM Fw folder?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Adrian,

Are you using Update 3 ISSM 2015? If so, the new update will not have release note. Please refer to Toolchain User Guide and ReadMe.txt on the toolchain folder for more details.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Soffi,

yes ISSM Update 3.

can you please be more specific on exactly what files and their exact path you are pointing me at?

I need simple instruction to flash the board, please!!

thanks,

Adrian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Soffi,

found some instructions in this file C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_d1000_2015.3.024\Readme.txt

and see the results below,

When i run it on Win7 with the hotfix for this

i get error below in build.log - i have cygwin installed on this system so something up with paths i can look at

make: Entering directory `C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_d1000_2015.3.024/FW/baremetal/bin'

sh: C:\Program: No such file or directory

make: *** [C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_d1000_2015.3.024/FW\baremetal\bin/common/bsp/startup/fcs.o] Error 127

make: Leaving directory `C:/IntelSWTools/ISSM_d1000_2015.3.024/FW/baremetal/bin'

When i run it on Win8 with the hotfix for this

I see more success but not sure it fully worked ok? can you confirm

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Adrian,

Crash issue in Window 7, we still investigate it. For time being, Window 8 should be good.

To flash the board, it seem like the User Guide quite complicated for time being. Let me assist you step by step to get the output out from the board.

Firstly, it need to ensure your ISSM installation is correct. Could you see the FW as below after launching Eclipse?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Soffi,

yes these files exist in explorer like below, please advise next steps?

thanks,

Adrian

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Adrian,

Could you see the file in Eclipse as per my previous screen shot?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Soffi,

how do i import it into eclipse like you have done?

thanks,

Adrian

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Adrian,

It should be there by default if all the setup correct and your Eclipse workspace point to install directories that contains the FW folder (C:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_d1000_2015.3.024).

Thanks.

Soffi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Soffi,

My eclipse workspace is here outside the main install directory C:\IntelSWTools\D1000_WORKSPACE\workspace

so not in C:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_d1000_2015.3.024

should it be?

again i see no proper documentation

there should be one single "getting started" manual that documents this?

thanks,

Adrian

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Adrian,

Yes. It should be pointing to the FW folder as I mention before. You may find this information on C:\IntelSWTools\ISSM_d1000_2015.3.024\README.txt file.

Sorry for any inconveniences due to the documentation for this ISSM. I will feedback this respectively.

Thanks.

Soffi

0 Kudos