Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RMand5
Beginner

Question about uploading streams...

How could I go about uploading a constantly uploading stream of numbers to a database somewhere on the cloud? I would like to create a program to create data and then upload the data somewhere that I could access it. Its not necessary that the information be stored for long periods of time, but I would like the information to be available to the user starting when they access the information and continue to be viewable until they close the application or data source. If any of this is unclear please let me know!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

What kind of data do you want to upload to the cloud? Is this data taken from a sensor reading? What would be generating this data?

Regarding the uploading to the cloud section of your project, have you considered using Cloud Analytics? This is an IoT platform where you can connect your project to a variety of cloud services. Check this guide on how to configure it to make it work with your Edison board, https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-iot-platforms-getting-started-cloud-analytics https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-iot-platforms-getting-started-cloud-analytics.

Also, we noticed that you opened another thread and also an email ticket with similar questions, do you agree if we continue with the support in this specific thread?

Regards,

-Pablo
RMand5
Beginner

Yeah that would be fine! So I'm having my intel edison board and a curie board create random numbers that i want to then allow a user to access from the cloud or some sort of app. I will definitely need less than a GB at a time to be stored because a user will typically only request about 1000 numbers for their uses.

Thanks.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

I guess that you're using the Arduino 101 when you mention the Curie board, am I right? Now, it shouldn't be too difficult to produce a code that generates random numbers, In C for example, you have the rand() function, which returns a random integer between 0 and a max number that you can define through code if I'm not mistaken, you can put this random function inside a WHILE or FOR loop of 1000 cycles (because you need 1000 numbers) and pass this numbers to the Cloud.

Regards,

-Pablo
idata
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

Did you find helpful our suggestions? Do you have any other question?

Regards,

-Pablo
RMand5
Beginner

That was very helpful! What would be a good cloud based platform for a user to input their desired amount of random integers and then receive the integers from?

idata
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

Have you checked this thread before, /thread/93876 https://communities.intel.com/thread/93876? There are some other Cloud options with features like the ones you're looking for, you can store/upload data and "query" this information similar to SQL.

Regards,

-Pablo