Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akuma85
New Contributor I

RADIUS Server for edison

Jump to solution

Hi,

How to install freeRADIUS server or any RADIUS server on edison? Is there any packages available?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello arunkumark,

Thanks for reaching out!

On the official repo you can find the package ppp-radius. I'm not familiar with anything related to RADIUS, so, I don't know if this package helps you at all. If that weren't the case, you can build the package from source. These are the steps I followed to build freeradius-server-3.0.13 on my Edison on the latest image:

wget ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/freeradius/freeradius-server-3.0.13.tar.gz

tar -xvf freeradius-server-3.0.13.tar.gz

opkg install libtalloc-dbg libtalloc-dev libtalloc-staticdev libtalloc-swig libtalloc2

cd freeradius-server-3.0.13

./configure

make

make install

Please note that I did not test if freeradius-server-3.0.13 works or not, I just installed it. If you have issues with the package after installing it, I'd recommend you to contact its developer at http://networkradius.com/freeradius-support/.

I hope this information helps you,

Pedro M.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello arunkumark,

Thanks for reaching out!

On the official repo you can find the package ppp-radius. I'm not familiar with anything related to RADIUS, so, I don't know if this package helps you at all. If that weren't the case, you can build the package from source. These are the steps I followed to build freeradius-server-3.0.13 on my Edison on the latest image:

wget ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/freeradius/freeradius-server-3.0.13.tar.gz

tar -xvf freeradius-server-3.0.13.tar.gz

opkg install libtalloc-dbg libtalloc-dev libtalloc-staticdev libtalloc-swig libtalloc2

cd freeradius-server-3.0.13

./configure

make

make install

Please note that I did not test if freeradius-server-3.0.13 works or not, I just installed it. If you have issues with the package after installing it, I'd recommend you to contact its developer at http://networkradius.com/freeradius-support/.

I hope this information helps you,

Pedro M.

View solution in original post

akuma85
New Contributor I

Thanks Pedro. It worked. I am able to configure also.

idata
Community Manager

I'm very glad to hear that!

If you ever have any other questions or doubts, please don't hesitate to come back to the community, we'll do our best help you.

Pedro M.