Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner

RNDIS and CDC Serial won't install in Windows 8

Hi guys just got my new Edison and I'm stuck in the setup process already was able to install the FTDI drivers but when I install the intel one's really don't show any kind of error however don't install the drivers

I've tried to reinstall several times even on compatibility mode for windows 7 and same result (BTW I've already load the Linux files on Edison since I can see the unit) so I can't connect through putty to flash Edison for the first time. I've tried to manually update drivers and in both cases CDC and RNDIS this is the message.

Any recommendations to begin to use my Edison for the first time >??

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

installs fine for me on Win 8 x64. Do you run 32-bit Win 8?

0 Kudos
Employee

Some error as yours.

Windows 8.1

Intel Edison.

I've tried to reinstall CDM and IntelEdisonDriversetup1.0.0 several times without success.

I can access the console, I have two usb-micro plugged.

I can not upload any sketch.

When I remove console usb-micro I see CDC Serial and RNDIS error.

Novice

same problem here Windows 8.1 Pro with WMCE x64

tried on laptop and workstation.

the CDC and RNDIS drivers are not installed and if i try to do driver update and manually point to the driver location C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel Edison Device USB driver

i get same exact screen like in the original post.

for me the FTTDI driver installed properly and works, and i can access the edison via the serial connection.

but DFU, CDC and RNDIS are not getting installed properly.

Novice

Figured out my issue and solved it.

the problem is that although the driver package from intel was installed the actual driver is not getting installed/loaded because of the certificate.

i had to go through similar steps and disable driver signature and install the drivers as unsigned drivers and it worked

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/disabling-driver-signature-on-windows-8/disabling-signed-driver... Disabling Driver Signature on Windows 8 - learn.sparkfun.com

Employee

Now after disabling Driver Signature it's working.....It's solved. Thanks

Novice

funny stuff it just expired like 3-4 days back.

see validity date range

Beginner

thanks everyone for the answers, the signature disabling will be the first choice however in my case can't do it by company policy, my workaround was only connect to the serial port not the rndis and external 9v adapter only install ftdi drivers not Intel and that allowed me to flash edison and enable wifi to connect thru SSH.

THANKS

Thanks for reporting!

We do now have a new version available which should be available online soon. Stay tuned and sorry for the inconvenience

0 Kudos

I received the new signed driver this morning. We are currently validating it. We'll release it as soon as possible.

0 Kudos

the new driver v1.2.1 is available for download at http://www.intel.com/support/edison/sb/CS-035180.htm Intel® Edison Boards and Compute Modules — Software Downloads

0 Kudos