cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMoha16
New Contributor I

Reading / Writing With BLE

Hello all ,

I have recently installed gattlib on my edison board and i have managed to run a python script that scans for ble devices that advertises but i would like to run a script that can write to another ble device , Has anyone been able to implement this ?

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Massem,

Have you read https://bitbucket.org/OscarAcena/pygattlib https://bitbucket.org/OscarAcena/pygattlib? It is the official site of pygattlib, it describes several procedures like reading and writing data using pygattlib.

Peter.
MMoha16
New Contributor I

Yes i have read this and i am currently working with these scripts , I am trying to let my edison advertise itself so that it can be seen by any other ble device (Android device) which i managed to let it work with the script (beacon.py) but i can't let it read or write data in the same script and also when i try to run the standalone scripts of write.py and read.py they do not work

idata
Community Manager

Did you modify the code? Or did you simply use the example? I will try to test it myself once you've confirmed this. In case you did modify the code, it would be of much help if you share it with us.

Peter.
MMoha16
New Contributor I

I ran the example write.py on one edison board and the other board i used the script beacon.py which advertises the edison board so the other one can see it but the script write.py gives me an error saying "Channel or attrib not ready" although i am able to see it with the other edison board and connect to it .

idata
Community Manager

I'll try to replicate this behavior, I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter.
MMoha16
New Contributor I

Thank you so much for ur reply , i will definitely be waiting for u

idata
Community Manager

Sorry for the delay, I've been working on this but I've been having some issues. Could you please share with us the output of the error message you are receiving? Also, when you installed pygatlib, which method did you use?

Peter.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Massem,

We've been trying to replicate the behavior you describe, however we have had issues with gatttlib. Could you let us know where did you get this package and how did you install it?

Peter.