cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stefan_N_Intel
Employee

RealSense on Windows IoT

Jump to solution

I am trying to run a RealSense camera on the Joule using Windows IoT however WinIoT does not support the DCMs for the cameras. Do you know how to configure this? If so does Windows IoT support face recognition for RealSense?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hi Snnicolaou,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Joule Platform.

We know that the RealSense R200 camera may be able to work, but it is not officially supported. Currently, we are working on expanding Joule documentation and we hope to have it available soon, we'll suggest you to keep checking the community. We'll appreciate your patience during the meantime.

Regards,

-Yermi

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Snnicolaou,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Joule Platform.

We know that the RealSense R200 camera may be able to work, but it is not officially supported. Currently, we are working on expanding Joule documentation and we hope to have it available soon, we'll suggest you to keep checking the community. We'll appreciate your patience during the meantime.

Regards,

-Yermi

View solution in original post

Michael_M_Intel1
Employee

While the R200 is not officially supported on the Joule, with a few tweaks you can get it to work reliabily.

See the following threads:

Michael_M_Intel1
Employee

Note: the question was about Windows IoT, but many of the tweaks mentioned in the threads I linked are OS-independent.

The most important suggestions I can give are (1) run it at 30fps, not 60fps (2) update your BIOS first to version 131 at least.