Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Recommendation for IDE for data acquisition application?

Jump to solution

I just got my Intel Edison with Arduino Expansion board setup using the configuration tool software. I intend to use it to read from sensors and send the data to a cloud IoT/DB server.

Which IDE would be most suitable for this task? From the https://software.intel.com/en-us/installing-your-ide-intel-edison-board list provided, the choice would be either Arduino IDE or Intel System Studio. I've been using Arduino IDE for many years. Is Intel System Studio a better IDE?

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Recommendation for IDE for data acquisition application?

Jump to solution

Hi JohnsonThie,

Thank you for contacting us. There are a few solutions you can use to send data from the Edison to a cloud application.

The solutions we recommend are: Amazon Web Services (AWS)*, Microsoft Azure* IoT Hub, or IBM Bluemix* IoT. There are guides available with step by step instructions on how to configure these services to work and communicate with the Edison. These guides can be seen here:You should review each one and select the service that best meets the requirements of your project. At the end of each guide, there's additional information on what needs to be configured in each IDE depending on the programming language you choose.

Now in regards to the IDE, is not that the ISS is a better IDE than the Arduino IDE, but which one will offer your project the most resources and best performance. With the ISS, you can easily send data to a cloud service. This procedure is described here: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/how-to-code-samples/blob/master/access-control/cpp/README.md

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

-Sergio A

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager

Re: Recommendation for IDE for data acquisition application?

Jump to solution

Hi JohnsonThie,

Thank you for contacting us. There are a few solutions you can use to send data from the Edison to a cloud application.

The solutions we recommend are: Amazon Web Services (AWS)*, Microsoft Azure* IoT Hub, or IBM Bluemix* IoT. There are guides available with step by step instructions on how to configure these services to work and communicate with the Edison. These guides can be seen here:You should review each one and select the service that best meets the requirements of your project. At the end of each guide, there's additional information on what needs to be configured in each IDE depending on the programming language you choose.

Now in regards to the IDE, is not that the ISS is a better IDE than the Arduino IDE, but which one will offer your project the most resources and best performance. With the ISS, you can easily send data to a cloud service. This procedure is described here: https://github.com/intel-iot-devkit/how-to-code-samples/blob/master/access-control/cpp/README.md

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

-Sergio A

View solution in original post

0 Kudos