Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBobb1
Beginner

STCK1A32WFC : A bootable device has not been detected.

I have a STCK1A32WFC and one day I came home to a black screen (usb monitor). Turns out the device had rebooted and was stuck at a screen stating the following message. "A bootable device has not been detected.". I've updated the bios and even tried booting to USB with no luck. Is it RMA time?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

My recommendation would be to contact Intel Customer Support for warranty replacement of your Intel® compute stick

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Allan.

Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Were you able to fix this issue? Did you get in touch with Intel support?

Allan.

BBobb1
Beginner

No. Since I could not file the RMA online I just gave up and threw it in a box. I really like the device and would love to have it fixed but I'm not interested enough to have to call in for a RMA. I figured I'd try the website after given enough time for someone to hopefully fix it?

Terrible website for trying to get a RMA issued. Really makes me never want to buy any "Intel" product again. I think next time I'll stick with Asus.

BBobb1
Beginner

Just tried again and nope.

"We can't log you in. Check for an invalid assertion in the SAML Assertion Validator (available in Single Sign-On Settings) or check the login history for failed logins." - Customer Support Site

idata
Community Manager

Sorry about that, let's try different way. I have sent you a private message.

Allan.
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for the information. I have answered your PM.

Allan.

Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Were you able to replace the Intel® Compute Stick?

Allan.
DeanG
New Contributor I

Try:

1. Insert a known bootable USB stick.
  2. Go into the BIOS and disable "Secure Boot" if it is enabled.
  3. Enable "USB Boot"
  4. Check "Boot Drive Order". What does it show?