cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DVerw
Beginner

STK1A32SC Windows 10 wifi issues

Hi,

I've just installed a computestick in the office with a copy of Windows 10 education (running version 1709, OS build 15063.0) and installed all the needed drivers that I got from the Intel website. However, I'm experiencing some issues with Wi-Fi. It appears to be connected to my network, but it doesn't have internet access. I can't even ping to my default gateway. It sometimes pings to my default gateway or any address, but with a ping of 2000ms average.

I've updated all the drivers and even updates the bios to the newest version, but nothing seems to work.

Oh and yes, the Wi-fi isn't the problem. I have full range on the stick and high speeds on other devices.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello dionkoffie,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

First, I would like to get some information about your Intel® Compute Stick. Please scan it using the Intel® System Support Utility. Follow the steps below:

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91...

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Wanner G.
DVerw
Beginner

Hi,

I've added the report.

idata
Community Manager

Hello dionkoffie,

Thank you for your response.

Please try installing the latest Version: 20.50.0 for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265.

Link

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27750/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-...

Please let me know of the result.

Wanner G.
DVerw
Beginner

Hi.

thanks for your help.

I've installed the driver, but I'm still unable to reach the internet. I'm unable to ping to any website or IP, but the browser is loading the favicon and the title of the page. It's doing something, but not what it's supposed to do.

I'm going to try to install a brand new Windows image with all the updates pre-installed and will see how that will turn out.

idata
Community Manager

Hello dionkoffie,

Thank you for trying out the steps provided.

Please keep me updated if you resolve the issue by doing a clean install of the operating system.

Wanner G.
DVerw
Beginner

Hi,

I've installed the latest version of Windows on it with the latest network drivers, but I'm still getting the same issue.

It looks like it is trying to connect to a website, but something is blocking it.

It did load a website after I installed the newest driver, but it took 10 minutes for it to load the website. Something clearly isn't right.

It can't be our wifi network. Getting 100mbps speeds at exactly the right spot where the Computestick is located at.

idata
Community Manager

Hello dionkoffie,

Thank you for your response.

In this case, a firewall or antivirus can be blocking the connection. If you have a firewall or antivirus, you may disable them momentarily and see if it fixes the issue.

Another option would be to start your unit in Safe Mode with Networking.

Link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Also, what is the IP address the wireless adapter is using at the moment the internet connection tries to connect?

Wanner G.
DVerw
Beginner

Hi,

I've tried disabling the firewall and disabling everything in Windows defender, but that also didn't seem to help.

Booting in Safe mode also didn't give me any positive results.

I've also tried to disable Windows updates, but that didn't help either.

It's getting more strange by the day. When I reinstall the drivers I'm able to browse the internet for around 2 minutes. After that it just stops working.

Pinging to any website works, but not with less than 2500ms.

idata
Community Manager

Hello dionkoffie,

-Does that mean that your unit stops detecting the network?

-Does the wireless adapter get a valid IP Address when this issue happens?

Wanner G.
idata
Community Manager

Hello dionkoffie,

Were you able to fix the connectivity issues with your Intel® Compute Stick?

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Wanner G.
DVerw
Beginner

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I couldn't get it fixed, but I managed to 'fix' it by connecting it to a 5GHz network instead of the normal 2.4Ghz wifi network. That seemed to have fixed the problem.

- Dion