Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

STK1AW32SC - Does not detect media for Acronis Disk Director 12, but DOES detect media for Acronis True Image 2017 on F10 Boot Options

I have the latest build of Acronis Disk Director 12 and have created the bootable media for it. When I attempt to boot from the created CD, the BIOS does not detect the DVD drive as a valid boot source. I also have the latest build of Acronis True Image 2017 and created the bootable media for this, as well. If I insert that CD, the BIOS sees the DVD drive as a valid boot source.

I have verified the CD for Disk Director is valid.

Any ideas on what's wrong here?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

I forgot to mention, I have updated to the latest BIOS version available on the Intel website

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This could be the difference between UEFI and Legacy boot (i.e. whether or not GPT partitioning was used on the media). Do you have noth UEFI and Legacy boot modes enabled in the BIOS?

Hope this helps,

...S

idata
Community Manager

That was my first thought, as well, but I don't see any option in the BIOS to enable legacy boot.

I'm attaching a picture of the BIOS screen.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Orionizer:

The stick seems to be working fine based on the fact that it does detect Acronis True Image, so this could be a problem with the image on the CD itself or a compatibility problem, normally what we recommend in this case is to do a BIOS update to the latest version, since you already tried that, then the best thing to do will be to get in contact with Acronis support so the can provide further details on this matter at:

http://www.acronis.com/es-mx/personal/computer-backup/?gclid=CNjLuM_Fj9ACFYNAhgodDPUKKg http://www.acronis.com/es-mx/personal/computer-backup/?gclid=CNjLuM_Fj9ACFYNAhgodDPUKKg

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto