Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CChri22
Beginner

STK1AW32SC poor streaming performance twitch.tv

I am using a usb 3.0 gigabit Ethernet adapter, 1080 Samsung smart tv, and the streaming performance is poor at best. I have to use either medium or low quality to get streaming without major stuttering, but even at those resolutions I turn to other devices to get higher quality. I bought this for an easier way to watch streaming media and the one used most is twitch. Is there any thing I can do to try to up the performance so I would be able to use high or source quality for the streams? I have tried a few different browsers edge, chrome, and another I cannot remember the name of right now. All have the same results for them for streaming. I have tried updating the drivers, but not sure what else I could try to get better performance out of the compute stick for streaming.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Community Manager

Hi Cgualtieri79,

You are getting low streaming performance with our stick STK1AW32SC even with a USB network adapter.

I suggest you update the BIOS to the latest version 0024.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/91065/Intel-Compute-Stick-STK1AW32SC Drivers & Software

Also, the stick supports a maximum resolution of 1920x1080@60Hz, 24 bpp. The HDMI port is compliant with the HDMI 1.4b specification.

Let me know how it works.

Regards,

Mike C