Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner

Screws, Standoffs and USB Cable in the Galileo box.

Jump to solution

The start guide says they are suppose to come in the box.

My box just had the Power cord?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Employee

The Getting Started Guide that is dated 16 October 2013 was meant to reference only the Intel® Galileo Board packaging that was available at the Rome Maker Faire. As such, the document is out of date. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The "The kit contains:" section will be revised as soon as possible to minimize any further confusion.

The retail box includes the board and power adapter/cable only.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Honored Contributor II

Hi,

It may depend on where did you get the board from, I'd think. Where did you get yours?

0 Kudos
Beginner

Came out of a sealed box that I bought from microcenter here in Illinois.

Honored Contributor II

I'd then turn this back to them as a warranty case - I have standoffs and the cable in my box, but it was a pre-release one, so I wasn't 100% sure. Now I see Mouser lists the same set, so I think we are safe to assume that's a standard retail set. You should also have a paper Quick Start Guide in the box (like http://iq.intel.com/uploads/feeds/1/20131003/110834gal_board.png that), which mentions the USB cable, it could help you prove you're right if the seller has any doubts about that.

Oh, and there's also http://www.intel.com/support/galileo/emailsupport.htm Intel Support link you could try if for whatever reason it doesn't work out with the seller.

Message was edited by: AlexT_Intel: Added link to Intel Galileo Support

0 Kudos
Community Manager

I bought 2 from Microcenter here in St Louis, MO. Same issue. May be a 'retail' thing, I dunno. I wasn't too pleased when I opened them and saw this though, since you're paying the same price and not getting the same parts.

Beginner

It would appear the retail units do not have:

- USB cable

- Quickstart guide

- standoffs

But it does have worldwide plugs for the AC adaptor

Community Manager

I just had a chat session with Mouser. They are going to reach out to Intel on my behalf to confirm what the deal is. Since Intel's own Getting Started Document lists those parts. I will update as I know more.

Employee

The Getting Started Guide that is dated 16 October 2013 was meant to reference only the Intel® Galileo Board packaging that was available at the Rome Maker Faire. As such, the document is out of date. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The "The kit contains:" section will be revised as soon as possible to minimize any further confusion.

The retail box includes the board and power adapter/cable only.

View solution in original post

Community Manager

pretty shoddy if you ask me, since not everyone can get to Rome, but oh well.

Beginner

When not in Rome....

Mine is same, power adapter and PCB, and power adapter plugs.

Looks like a sweet package though, and I like that this one has ram. I was considering the Rpi, but without ram I worry about flash wearout. I want my systems to run for years.

0 Kudos
Beginner

FYI: The RPi has RAM, there is a Hynix chip mounted on-top of the Broadcom IC...

I definitely got the retail box then.

0 Kudos
New Contributor I

This is a really small nitpick, but I think including some standoffs or even a mounting board in the retail kits would be a good idea. I don't understand why they were removed in the first place.

Beginner

I bought mine from Amazon. No standoffs, screws, Getting-started guide, or usb cable. Power adapter with multiple plugs for various countries. I returned it to Amazon for an exchange, thinking it was an "open box" unit.

Employee

Hello! I also got mine without the standoffs and USB cable. Turns out the updated "Getting Started Guide" now indicates that only the board and power cable are included:

The kit contains:

• 1x Intel® Galileo Customer Reference Board (CRB) (Fab D with blue PCB)

• 1x 5v power supply with cable

Warning: You must use a power supply or you will damage the board!

Oh well time to look for some standoffs then. Bummer that Intel did not include them anymore.