Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Sequence of the programmer for Quark D2000??

What is the sequence of the programmer (FTDI) pins in the programmer.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi praveen_klonec,

If what you want to do is to program the board, then you just need to connect the USB cable to the micro USB port. Internally, the micro USB port is connected to the FTDI chip. This is used as the onboard debugger.

If what you want to do instead is to access the console, then you have to connect a FTDI cable on pins IO0 (Rx) and IO1 (Tx). I recommend you to check one of the following videos for additional details on how to connect the FTDI cable and get access to the console:

I'm not sure if that's what you are asking for, but if not, then just let us know what you would like to do exactly.

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

HI

I was to build a custom board with quark D2000 has main processor. So program the custom board i need to know which is the better option to load the code. Presently i have used JTAG from olimax 20 pin.

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi praveen_klonec,

The recommended method is through FTDI. In fact, this is the method that is usually used to upload the code into the D2000 board. You could used the JTAG of course, with the Olimax or the Flyswatter 2, but the method recommended is through the USB port (FTDI).

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi

I have made the board to be programmed from OLIMAX, ARM-USB-OCD-H. Can i know the procedure for the dumping the code through it. When i connect the olimax jtag to my system am not able to detect the device. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos