cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FFahd
Novice

Set up compiler errors.

Jump to solution

I am having an issue with the Arduino IDE for the Galileo. I previously had the standard Arduino IDE installed for normal Arduinos which used to work fine until a while ago when it stopped compiling anything and would just get stuck with no error message. Anyways I'm experiencing a similar issue with the Arduino IDE for the Galileo, it gets stuck on compiling for a few seconds then outputs this error:

Arduino: 1.6.4 (Windows 7), Board: "Intel® Galileo Gen2"

i586-poky-linux-uclibc-g++: error: C:\Users\FShiwani\AppData\Local\Temp\build2209993682289461387.tmp/core.a: No such file or directory

Error compiling.

This report would have more information with

"Show verbose output during compilation"

enabled in File > Preferences.

I'm trying to run the blink example sketch. I followed the standard instructions for installation, I updated the firmware successfully using the guide, tried several USB ports, uninstalled both Arduino IDEs and deleted all config files, reinstalled the IDE for Galileo several times. I tried cleaning my whole system of anything Arduino related and then reinstalled only the Galileo IDE and drivers, no luck. There were other people with this issues and I've tried the methods that fixed it for them, nothing seems to be working. It's definitely something to do with the IDE (hence the compiler error).

Any sort of help would be appreciated.

1 Solution
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi

I would

a) save every sketch and involved libraries

b) remove current Arduino IDE

c) delete every possible temporary data

d) download and install the current IDE version, "https://www.arduino.cc/download_handler.php?f=/arduino-1.6.10-windows.zip Windows ZIP file for non admin install "

(does not require admin status and does not install anything, just unzip binaries)

e) install the Intel Galileo card

HTH,

Fernando.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello FShiwani,

I noticed that you are using an older version of the Arduino IDE. The latest version is 1.6.10, since you are having issues with the one that you are currently using the 1.6.4 you could try the latest version.

Also, you could try downloading the version 1.6.0 of the Arduino IDE ( https://downloadmirror.intel.com/24355/eng/IntelArduino-1.6.0-Windows-Installer.exe), this version was the latest version that included the Galileo/Edison packages by default (they are not installed using board manager). It might prevent this issue from happening, nevertheless, it might not include all the features available in newer releases.

If the issues persist, I'd suggest you to contact Arduino ( https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ContactUs) as they are in charge of the support for the Arduino IDE, they might be able to provide you a more accurate answer.

-Peter.
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi

I would

a) save every sketch and involved libraries

b) remove current Arduino IDE

c) delete every possible temporary data

d) download and install the current IDE version, "https://www.arduino.cc/download_handler.php?f=/arduino-1.6.10-windows.zip Windows ZIP file for non admin install "

(does not require admin status and does not install anything, just unzip binaries)

e) install the Intel Galileo card

HTH,

Fernando.

View solution in original post

FFahd
Novice

Perfect. I installed the standard Arduino IDE from your link and only installed drivers from Intel's Package, took quite some time for the compilation but worked in the end. I appreciate the help.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

FShiwani wrote:

Perfect. I installed the standard Arduino IDE from your link and only installed drivers from Intel's Package, took quite some time for the compilation but worked in the end. I appreciate the help.

Great, good to know it's working,

Fernando.