Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LDanc
Beginner

Shellshock vulnerability discovered in provided from Intel Windows Integrated Installer

Jump to solution

Hello,

This is to warn You that McAfee had discovered shellshock vulnerability in file "bash.exe" which come with provided by Intel installation software for Windows.

Tags (1)
1 Solution
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Lambry,

Thank you for your feedback. We will make sure to inform the proper team about this. If you have any other feedback or suggestions, or if you ever encounter any issues using your board; don't hesitate to come back to the community.

Peter.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Lambry,

Thank you for your feedback. We will make sure to inform the proper team about this. If you have any other feedback or suggestions, or if you ever encounter any issues using your board; don't hesitate to come back to the community.

Peter.

View solution in original post

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Lambry,

We are currently investigating about this. Could you please confirm if you downloaded the Integrated Installer from https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot/hardware/edison/downloads Intel® Edison Board Downloads?

In case you didn't, could you please let us know where you downloaded it?

Peter.

LDanc
Beginner

Dear Peter,

Thank You very much for this important update!

In order to start with my Edison board I had followed Intel's official "how to" guide and steps described there.

Yes, I had downloaded Edison " Integrated Installer for Windows" from the official Intel web site supporting Edison board using protected and trusted internet line provided from AT&T.

Most of my colleagues was disappointed and stressed to find out McAfee identified your software containing security vulnerability.

Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks a lot for your help Lambry. This is a very strange behavior; the virus alert is probably a false positive. However, we will investigate about it.

Peter.