Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHerm1
Beginner

Shuts down when using webcam

My Intel compute stick (Windows) shuts down shortly after I activate the USB-attached webcam (no other applications used at the same time). I am using the AC adapter for power, but I guess it's not powerful enough. It's pretty disappointing.

Is there something I can try to do in order to fix it?

The webcam is a logitech C930e webcam.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SHerm1
Beginner

A cable webshop recommends that I buy this https://www.av-cables.dk/220v-usb-lader/230v-til-1-x-usb-lader-2400-ma.html adapter. Can anyone tell me if that could possibly help?

kfchoong
New Contributor II

Just a thought, are you using a USB cable extension from the AC adapter to the Compute Stick? I once encounter shutdown with a network adapter and found that the problem is caused because of the USB extension cable.

SHerm1
Beginner

I bought a 1,8m micro usb cable because the included one was too short. But I'm using the included adapter.

Also note that this setup is used on two different monitors (in the same way) and it happens in both cases.

kfchoong
New Contributor II

Do try to use the supplied USB cable to see if it works. I was using a USB extension cable with the original cable and that was giving me problem.

Also, what version of BIOS are you using? I think the newer BIOS will show a message at the boot-up screen informing you if the power it is getting is not sufficient. You can try installing the newer BIOS to see if that is your case.

SHerm1
Beginner

I have tested a lot and it must be the cable quality that is too low. The original cable doesn't make the error.

My BIOS version is FCBYT10H.86A.0018.2015.0330.1117.

I have also tried to change the power settings to 'Performance' instead of 'Balanced'. I hope it fixes it.