Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Signal Processing

Since the Atom doesn't have AVX and/or SSE4.1 how does it perform on signal processing functions?

I'm looking to build a mobile / self-contained LTE base-station and handle the PHY layer directly on the CPU. (fft, demodulation, etc..).

Are there any GPIO modules I could maybe add, to assist with these signal processing functions?

Ill be using the srsLTE library, and a bladeRF, if of concern.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Gukki,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Joule Platform.

We would like to investigate a little bit more regarding your questions and as soon as we have helpful information we'll let you know.

We'll appreciate your patience during the meantime.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the help Yermi. And if the Joule doesn't happen to be the right chip / kit, maybe a pointer to the right development kit? Looking for a single board kit like the Joule offers. (I saw the Pentium line does have the SSE instruction set).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Gukki,

We would like to let you know that we are still investigating. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Gukki,

With respect to potential GPIO modules inference, could you please provide more details? So we can make the connection between AVX and the GPIOs. We are unclear on what you are attempting to accomplish.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Gukki,

We would like to know if it's possible to know the information requested in our previous post.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Gukki

atom supports sse. So intel ipp should be avaiLabel and you should be able to do signal processing efficiently on it.

I will test ipp next week when I receive my eval kit.

0 Kudos