Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Sketch not running when booted from SD card?

Hello, I've been having this problem for a while. I am currently developing on an Intel Galileo Gen 2 Board with the 1.1.0 board firmware and "SDCard.1.1.0.tar.bz2" Linux image installed. I am using a Windows 7 computer, Arduino 1.6.0+Intel and also accessing the Linux Shell via SSH.

Apparently, I can upload sketches successfully (Showing 'Transfer complete') but seems every sketch I upload only prints " ** B0100000063f694 Š " in the Serial Monitor.

Here is the log file error trace (taken from /var/log/messages with WinSCP as I do not have a USB-UART cable yet) showing what happens when I try to upload:

I did temporarily solve this by reinstalling the Linux image but overtime, the problem appeared again. This behavior does not happen if I do not boot with the SD card though...

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

A student

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi Spliterator,

Possible causes I've seen:

1) The Serial Monitor and the Serial library have diferent settings (e.g. ).

b) The Intel Galileo card firmware has not been upgraded (e.g. ).

I wonder how you've got your environment working, because the "SDCard.1.1.0.tar.bz2" is the newest uClibc based yocto kernel (AFAIK) while the Arduino 1.6.0+Intel IDE is amonst the oldest Arduino IDEs available for Intel Galileo cards... would you try with a new IDE?

HTH,

Fernando.

idata
Community Manager

Hello, thank you for answering!

My current configuration is fine:

I reinstalled the 1.1.0 firmware again and tried a newer IDE, but it's still the same error.

At the mean time, I'm going to try to install the IoT image instead... I guess.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Spliterator wrote:

Hello, thank you for answering!

My current configuration is fine:

I reinstalled the 1.1.0 firmware again and tried a newer IDE, but it's still the same error.

At the mean time, I'm going to try to install the IoT image instead... I guess.

Hi again, Spliterator,

From the images in your post I can see you are no longer using 1.6.0 IDE, and I think it's a good decision. I've always used the current Arduino IDE + the current so called EGLIBC-based yocto linux image, which now is iot-devkit-prof-dev-image-galileo-20160606.zip. In some windows there has been some Intel Galileo driver problem when changing the yocto image from the uclibc-based (the one you were using) to the EGLIBC-based one (which you are going to use), so if this is the case do not worry about, it's possible to fix it.

Please let me know if the change has solved the issue.

Fernando.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi Spliterator,

Did you solve the problem?

Fernando.

LEbro
Novice

I'd seriously invest in that UART cable, SSH is a little flaky out the box. You'd be better off getting your setup completed with UART and then moving on to ethernet once everything is said and done.