cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbogu1
Novice

Spi master rx mode

Hi,

I was working on SPI master peripheral on D2000 and noticed that in Receive only mode (in TXRX and TX mode everything works fine) it does not work on higher frequency than 2 MHz (Divider with value of 16, 32MHz internal quartz). When I set the clock on 2MHz and below everything starts to work.

Right after issuing the spi irq request with said configuration Quark enters spi callback with error QM_SPI_RX_OVERFLOW. Is anything known about that issue?

avijit.M

AdrianBurns

bartosz.firmwave

mariuszr

5 Replies
Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We'd like to test this this behavior to see if we get the same results. Can you please share your code and scenario to reproduce?

-Sergio

bbogu1
Novice

Hi,

sorry for the delay. I've modified the SPI example and zipped whole project. If this helps anyone just change the paths of your toolchains in launch config and should be up and working. If you switch between 2MHz and 8MHz spi div you should get the error in spi_example_cb function.

All the best,

Bartosz

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

We'll run some tests and let you know if we observe the same behavior. We'll post our results soon.

-Sergio

Sergio_A_Intel
Employee

Hi bartosz.boguszewicz,

Do you still need help with this thread?

-Sergio

jschi71
Novice

Hi,

I took your example and changed it just a little (used TX_RX) and made a loop so it continuously transmits. But I don't get any rx data at any rate down to 128KHz.

--jim schimpf