Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Stuck on "Flashing Application" Screen

Jump to solution

Hello,

I know this issue has been posted before but the thread has died roughly 6 months ago with no posted solution. I had just got this board for my CPE class and after installing all the required software and following the initial setup instructions which involve running the LED_Blink program I got stuck on the Flashing Application screen. I followed some of the support guides from Intel® System Studio for Microcontrollers Support, specifically the "I get an error when trying to flash my board" and the "I think I bricked my board, what should I do" threads with no progress.

I've flashed the ROM, I tried the process of jumping pin 0 to ground and then updating the ROM, I manually installed the OpenOCD JTAG driver, and have completely reinstalled all the components and repeated the setup procedure, but nothing has worked.

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Novice

Re: Stuck on "Flashing Application" Screen

Jump to solution

I was able to solve this issue after multiple more of the Quark D2000 boards in my CPE lab began getting stuck on the flashing screen. What I was not aware of was that this problem would only occur when a project was initially created. A simple change of the file path that the project was being saved to was able to solve the infinite flashing screen for some reason.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Premier Support.

We have received your request and shortly we will be contacting you with additional information.

Best Regards,

Intel Customer Support Engineer

Under contract to Intel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Kadey,

Do you mean you want to use FET controllers 4-Channel to connect wired to your IOT Gateway or just communicating using network?

I need more detail and information from your side.

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Dear Customer,

Sorry for the last update.

May I know the error shown when you are flashing the board?

Do you still facing the same issue for now?

Or you have other board to try?

Best Regards,

Under contract to Intel
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Jump to solution

No error is shown when flashing. The dialog box that tells me flashing is in progress just seems to loop indefinably. The longest I let the process run was approximately 13 min without any progress on the flashing screen.

Yes I am still having the same issue and I even showed it to my CPE instructor who sets up these boards all the time and he couldn't figure out why either.

I do have access to my university provided boards. I just bought this one for convenience so that I could do my labs ahead of time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Good Day customer,

Have you refer to the document quark-developer-kit-d2000-user-guide.pdf ?

If no, you can get it from https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/quark-d2000-debug-operations-use... https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/guides/quark-d2000-debug-operations-use... .

Please tell me if this document can resolve your issue.

Best Regards,

Under Contract to Intel
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Jump to solution

I was able to solve this issue after multiple more of the Quark D2000 boards in my CPE lab began getting stuck on the flashing screen. What I was not aware of was that this problem would only occur when a project was initially created. A simple change of the file path that the project was being saved to was able to solve the infinite flashing screen for some reason.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos