Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJain23
Novice

Student research.. please share your experience in 10 mins .. thanks!

Hello Friends, I am researching into the development needs of motivated developers such as yours. Would love to hear about your experiences through a few questions below. If I could ask for 10 mins of your time, it would really help with getting some useful REAL insights.

Thanks for your help!

Link below!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdz8xcy4elixHZZ4aGELEeSIjVv-0c4pP9pBmTYgPXmnI3cHA/viewform Story of an IoT developer

0 Kudos
7 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi fix_now_or_never,

Good to hear about this. Beyond replying your questions, I have my own questions for you, please share:

Student:

Degree?

University?

it would really help with getting some useful REAL insights

Again it is good to hear someone is looking for REAL insights, what for?

TIA,

Fernando.

AJain23
Novice

Thanks for responding Fernando.

Degree: MBA

University: UC Berkeley

Project: IoT dev community trends and what influences the adoption of development environments.

I understand that the Survey does do a lot of justice to the topic since it only covers the surface.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

I think that even covering the surface helps, please share your results once you have them.

Fernando.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Please share your results.

Fernando.

AJain23
Novice

While the research is still underway, a few patterns that have emerged more strongly that others:

- IoT Developers really value the learning process and sense of achievement as compared to the monetary benefits of an IoT end-product.

- Strong technical community ties make it much easier for developers to navigate through the desired solutions esp. if they are able to leverage existing pieces of code/implementations that are related to the project.

- Solutions are trending towards more granular micro-vertical use cases as compared to industry-wide (macro) use cases in the past. eg Smart cars might be considered an industry however IoT solutions within the industry might be completely different from each other - requiring different skills and requirements.

- Developing world is fast catching up in owning engineering solutions (might need to pay attentions to the trends towards more solution design/consulting in APAC)

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any specific questions..

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Interesting...

About

fix_now_or_never wrote:

- Solutions are trending towards more granular micro-vertical use cases as compared to industry-wide (macro) use cases in the past. eg Smart cars might be considered an industry however IoT solutions within the industry might be completely different from each other - requiring different skills and requirements.

How did you reach to that conclusion? Maybe you can elaborate on the example?

Fernando.

AJain23
Novice

Taking examples of two use cases in smart car industry: communicating with others cars on the road and a wireless rear camera are two very different use cases that need completely different hardware and software requirements.