Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WOMah
Novice

Suitable USB barcode scanner for Intel Galileo Gen 2

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I'm starting a project that requires my Galileo to take input from a barcode scanner.

I've purchased a USB barcode scanner already that wouldn't even work with Windows 7. I'm going to be a bit more careful with my next purchase. That's where you fine people come in!

Just looking for recommendations on scanners to buy or if anyone has experience with them I would love if they shared!

Thanks in advance,

Poor student who can't afford to waste beer money on barcode scanners

Accepted Solutions
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello wayneomahony,

I haven't used a USB barcode scanner before, and it's quite difficult to recommend one if I haven't used any, but I found some information that you might find interesting:

The links above are about Arduino projects with USB barcode scanners. There are some sample codes and hints to choose the USB barcode scanner. As I said, I haven't used a USB barcode scanner, and I'm not sure if the codes shared in the links above work with Galileo, but hopefully they do. You can check them and try to use them with your board.

I hope you find this information useful.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello wayneomahony,

I haven't used a USB barcode scanner before, and it's quite difficult to recommend one if I haven't used any, but I found some information that you might find interesting:

The links above are about Arduino projects with USB barcode scanners. There are some sample codes and hints to choose the USB barcode scanner. As I said, I haven't used a USB barcode scanner, and I'm not sure if the codes shared in the links above work with Galileo, but hopefully they do. You can check them and try to use them with your board.

I hope you find this information useful.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

WOMah
Novice

Thanks for the swift reply. I'll check out the links