cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DM7
Beginner

System Studio IoT install 'could not read CA certificate' error

Hello,

I am trying to install Intel System Studio IoT Edition version 2016.4.012 in Windows 10 and every time setup wizard fails with the following error:

"Can't load image: time="2017-02-08T03:13:45+03:00" level=warning msg="Unable to use system certificate pool: crypto/x509: system root pool is not available on Windows"

could not read CA certificate "C:\\Users\\╨Ф╨╝╨╕╤В╤А╨╕╨╣\\.docker\\machine\\machines\\default\\ca.pem": open C:\Users\╨Ф╨╝╨╕╤В╤А╨╕╨╣\.docker\machine\machines\default\ca.pem: The system cannot find the path specified.

finished with error 1 "

How can I proceed with installation? Actual path to certificate file is 'c:\Users\Дмитрий\.docker\machine\machines\default\ca.pem'

thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Dmikh,

Thanks for reaching out.

That's a weird issue, I just installed it on Windows 10 using this guide: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/705839. Are you following the same guide? Can you send me a screenshot of the error?

I will be waiting for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
DM7
Beginner

Hi Leonardo,

I am following procedure you pointed out. The screenshot is below:

The problem I think is with encoding. Name of my home directory on Windows contains Cyrillic characters. From the error message it is clear that they are get corrupted. The error happens when setup utility tries to load Yocto image into docker.

thanks,

Dmitry

idata
Community Manager

Hi Dmikh,

Well, I didn't have issues installing it. So yes, I think you are right and the error is related with those characters in the path, but let me investigate more about it, and I will let you know if it is possible to fix this.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
DM7
Beginner

I found a workaround. What I did:

- removed default docker machine

- set MACHINE_STORAGE_PATH user environment variable to 'd:\docker\machine'

- rebooted Windows

- recreated docker machine as written in the installation guide

After that setup utility completed successfully.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Dmikh,

That's great! Thank you so much for letting us know and, posted it here, it will be helpful for the community.

Feel free to contact us when you have issues.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.