Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obice
Novice

System-on-a-Chip (SOC) Driver Package for STK1A32SC

Jump to solution

Hi

I have a compute stick STK1A32SC the one without a pre installed OS, I have loaded windows 8.1 pro I have done the Windows updates and then tried to load the drivers in the correct order so SOC drivers and then HD Graphics, when I load the SOC driver and run I get an error message "Intel x64 CherryTrail-T Driver Package Failure" I have attached a photo for reference, I attempted to load the graphics driver after failure but in device manager there is a yellow triangle with exclamation mark so its not working. I have already updated the BIOS to 41 from 38, the sticks manufacture date on product box is MAY 2018.

I already have another one of these and that installation went fine with same OS 8.1 and all works so this is not my first time with one of these sticks.

any help would be much appreciated

thanks

bice64

0 Kudos
1 Solution
obice
Novice

Hi Leonardo

I think a this stage mark this case as completed as after iinstallation of disk image from working stick all works fine and I do not wish to erase evrything and start again as i will get same result.

thanks

bice64

View solution in original post

17 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello bice64

Thank you for joining the community.

I see that you are having problems with the Intel® Compute Stick STK1A32SC installation of drivers. Allow me to help with your inquiries.

I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Steps to save the report:
  1. Run the utility.
  2. Click on "Scan" to get the scanned system.
  3. Once the scan is complete click on "next".
  4. Use the "save" option, save the report to your desktop.
  5. To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Have you tried to run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) on the system to complete the update of the drivers?

Here you could find the download link for Intel® DSA:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128824/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Intel-DSA- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/128824/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Intel-DSA-

Hope his help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

obice
Novice

Hi Leonardo

Thank you for you assistance with this issue, I have now run the support utility and report is attached, I also installed the Intel DSA which was already installed but it won't run, it starts and then crashes, if you require any further information please let me know.

thanks

Orhan

idata
Community Manager

Hello bice64

Thank you for your response.

I would like to verify with you if the operating system image on this Intel® Compute Stick is the same that you used on the working Intel® Compute Stick?

Could you try a bios recovery on the unit? Once the BIOS recovery is completed access the BIOS (F2) and load default BIOS settings (F9) then save and exit (f10), then try the installation of the driver.

Drivers download for System-on-a-Chip (SOC) Driver Package for STK1A32SC link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26190/System-on-a-Chip-SOC-Driver-Package-for-STK1A32SC https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26190/System-on-a-Chip-SOC-Driver-Package-for-STK1A32SC

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

obice
Novice

Hi Leonardo

The OS installed on both sticks is same and installed from same USB after originally downloading the ISO from Microsoft couple of months ago.

I recovered the BIOS to 38 which was version already on the stick and set to defaults, unfortunately stick did not boot until I realised that the default is set 32 bit so I changed to 64 bit and stick booted, I tried installation of the SOC drivers again but had same error message "Intel x64 CherryTrail-T Driver Package Failure" I have attached the report which may help.

The working USB has BIOS version 37 I have also run a report of the working stick with System Support Utility which is attached and named "working_stick"

thanks

bice64

idata
Community Manager

Hello

Thank you for your response.

At this point, after looking in all the information I would recommend to test reinstalling the operating system or a different version of the operating system could be Windows® 10 64 bit to test the behavior at the time of installing the drivers on the Intel® compute stick.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

obice
Novice

Hi Leonardo

I installed Windows 10 32 bit and SOC, Intel HD and all recommended drivers loaded perfectly without a glitch, so I retried another install of 8.1 64 bit after downloading from Microsoft and same problems SOC drivers would not install.

I created a disc image of the working PC stick and install that onto the new stick and all working perfectly so I am unsure why the SOC driver will not load. Using disc image has worked for me but you have to have a working stick so this method is not ideal.

thanks

bice64

idata
Community Manager

Hello bice64

Thank you for the information and for the feedback on the situation.

I have sent you a private message to request more information about the Intel® compute stick model, please review your private inbox.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

Hello bice64

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

obice
Novice

Hi Leonardo

I sent you the details for the working and non working compute sticks as you requested, so far I have not heard anything back, where you going to send these details on somewhere and perhaps get to the bottom of why the drivers would not load correctly?

thanks

Orhan

idata
Community Manager

Hello bice64

Thank you for the information, apologies for the delay.

I would like to have an updated Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* of bout working and not working Intel® compute stick to compare the reports.

I have sent you a private message, please see your private inbox.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

Hello bice64

I was checking your case and would like to know if you have been able to complete the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* reports?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

obice
Novice

Hi Leonardo

I sent you details you requested couple of weeks ago, you asked for the SA and S/N for working and non working sticks, if you look at your last email you said you do not get notified and would look for the information I sent you. As it stands the stick works as I cloned the working stick and copied over to the non-working stick and updated the activation key, but you need a working stick to do this, so problem is still ongoing as anyone who tries to install 8.1 will have the same problem. I have since purchased a further 2 sticks and same problem loading SOC drivers with these so I cloned the working one onto these also.

thanks

bice64

obice
Novice

Hi Leonardo

please see attached reports for working and non working sticks

thanks

bice64

idata
Community Manager

Hello bice64

Thank you for the information.

After reviewing the reports I have found several differences in the systems:

1. The non-working stick has a smaller available storage space @ 7.88GB vs the working stick @12.98GB.

=>Have you tried to reinstall and be sure to format the drive before installing.

2. The non-working stick is using UK for the OS local while the working stick has the US

=> Not a big thing, but it shows a difference in the OS, any idea why?

3. For the working stick, we need the SSU again since it appears it was aborted/incomplete.

4. We see several unexpected shutdowns (by system or user) in the non-working stick SSU.

=> are you forcing shutdown on the unit?

5. It appears from some error messages in the non-working stick SSU that smaller storage space may be impacting the stick for the OS installation and/or updates.

"The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because the shadow copy storage could not grow due to a user imposed limit."

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

obice
Novice

Hi Lenardo

I will answer best I can:

1. The non-working stick has a smaller available storage space @ 7.88GB vs the working stick @12.98GB.

=>Have you tried to reinstall and be sure to format the drive before installing.

I installed Windows 10 and all worked fine, I then attempted to install 8.1 with same problems

2. The non-working stick is using UK for the OS local while the working stick has the US

=> Not a big thing, but it shows a difference in the OS, any idea why?

I may be just what i selected at time of install

3. For the working stick, we need the SSU again since it appears it was aborted/incomplete.

system is not letting me attach file so I have pasted below

4. We see several unexpected shutdowns (by system or user) in the non-working stick SSU.

=> are you forcing shutdown on the unit?

no idea why this is happening I am not forcing any shutdowns

5. It appears from some error messages in the non-working stick SSU that smaller storage space may be impacting the stick for the OS installation and/or updates.

"The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because the shadow copy storage could not grow due to a user imposed limit."

I have no idea why this is happening

'

# SSU Scan Information

Scan Info:

Version:"2.5.0.12"

Date:"09/13/2018"

Time:"00:00:23.0727690"

# Scanned Hardware

Computer:

BaseBoard Manufacturer:"Intel Corporation"

BIOS Mode:"UEFI"

BIOS Version/Date:"Intel Corp. SCCHTAX5.86A.0037.2017.0914.1859 , 09/14/2017"

CD or DVD:"Not Available"

Embedded Controller Version:"255.255"

Platform Role:"Appliance PC"

Processor:"Intel(R) Atom(TM) x5-Z8330 CPU @ 1.44GHz , GenuineIntel"

Secure Boot State:"Off"

SMBIOS Version:"3.0"

Sound Card:"Intel SST Audio Device (WDM)"

System Manufacturer:"Intel Corporation"

System Model:"STK1A32SC"

System SKU:"Not Available"

System Type:"x64-based PC"

- "Display"

Intel ® Graphics Driver Version:"20.19.15.4835"

- "Intel(R) HD Graphics"

Adapter Compatibility:"Intel Corporation"

Adapter DAC Type:"Internal"

Adapter RAM:"1.00 GB"

Availability:"Running or Full Power"

Bits Per Pixel:"32"

- "Caption":"Intel(R) HD Graphics"

Link:" http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?keyword=HD+Graphics"

CoInstallers:"igfxCoIn_v4835.dll, CoDeviceInstall"

Color Table Entries:"4294967296"

Dedicated Video Memory:"Not Available"

Driver:"igdkmd64lp.sys"

Driver Date:"10/15/2017 05:00 PM"

Driver Path:"C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64lp.sys"

Driver Provider:"Intel Corporation"

Driver Version:"20.19.15.4835"

INF:"oem15.inf"

INF Section:"iCHVM_w81"

Install Date:"Not Available"

Installed Drivers:"igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32"

Last Error Code:"Not Available"

Last Error Code Description:"Not Available"

Last Reset:"Not Available"

Manufacturer:"Intel Corporation"

Microsoft DirectX* Version:"DirectX 11"

Monochrome:"No"

Number of Colors:"4294967296"

Number of Video Pages:"Not Available"

PNP Device ID:"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_22B0&SUBSYS_20668086&REV_36\3&11583659&0&10"

Power Management Capabilities:"Not Available"

Power Management Supported:"Not Available"

Refresh Rate - Current:"60 Hz"

Refresh Rate - Maximum:"75 Hz"

Refresh Rate - Minimum:"50 Hz"

Resolution:"1920 X 1080"

Scan Mode:"Noninterlaced"

Service Name:"igfxLP"

Video Architecture:"VGA"

Video Memory:"Unknown"

Video Processor:"Intel(R) HD Graphics"

- "Memory"

Physical Memory (Available):"0.77 GB"

Physical Memory (Installed):"2 GB"

Physical Memory (Total):"1.93 GB"

- "A1_BANK0"

Capacity:"2 GB"

Channel:"A1_DIMM0"

Data Width:"64 bits"

Form Factor:"DIMM"

Interleave Position:"First position"

Manufacturer:"Hynix Semiconductor"

Memory Type:"Unknown"

Part Number:"00000000"

Serial Number:"00000000"

Type:"Unknown"

- "Motherboard"

Availability:"Running or Full Power"

BIOS:"SCCHTAX5.86A.0037.2017.0914.1859, INTEL - 1072009"

Caption:"Motherboard"

Chipset:"Not Available"

Date:"09/13/2017 05:00 PM"

Install Date:"Not Available"

Last Error Code:"Not Available"

Last Error Code Des...

idata
Community Manager

Hello bice64

Thank you for the information.

The non-working stick has a smaller available storage space @ 7.88GB vs the working stick @12.98GB.

We see several unexpected shutdowns (by system or user) in the non-working stick SSU.
  • I am assuming here that you are the only user of the unit, am I right?
  • These errors could be related to the missing storage motioned above.
Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

obice
Novice

Hi Leonardo

I think a this stage mark this case as completed as after iinstallation of disk image from working stick all works fine and I do not wish to erase evrything and start again as i will get same result.

thanks

bice64

View solution in original post