cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YDeng17
Beginner

TinyTILE and Arduino

Jump to solution

I bought TinyTILE and aim to use that to control the LEDs. I followed the Getting Started Guide from file:///Users/coco/Downloads/tinytile-GettingStartedGuide%20-%20FINAL.pdf. After I selected 'burn bootloader' and selected a sketch example and upload it, nothing happened. The sketches was found under Examples -> Examples for Arduino/Genuino 101 ->Accelerometer. 

What is the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @YDeng17​ ,

Thanks for reaching out. I have followed the guide you have shared and I was able to get readings our of the TinyTile using the Accelerometer sketch. It looks like you have completed all the setup and the board is being detected. Please take a look at the steps I took below, my suggestion would be to jump to the last step in bold and make sure you have the correct settings.

• Installed Arduino IDE 1.8.9 https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software.
    • I downloaded "Windows Installer, for Windows XP and up" since I'm using Windows* 10.
    • Installed using all default options as shown in the guide you shared here.
  • Started Arduino IDE and installed Intel Curie Boards package by Intel from Tools > Board > Boards Manager ... > Intel Curie Boards by Intel > 2.0.4 Install.
    • Installed device software when prompted .
    • Restarted the Arduino IDE (close and reopen program).
  • Connected the TinyTyle board to PC and opened Device Manager.
    • Expanded Ports (COM & LPT) and make sure there is a device recognized as Arduino 101 Serial Monitor (COM 3), in my case is COM3 but this could differ on your setup.
  • Within the Arduino IDE selected Tools > Board > Arduino/Genuino 101.
  • Within the Arduino IDE selected Port > Serial Port > COM3 (Arduino/Genuino 101), again in my case is COM3.
  • Open desired sketch, File > Examples > CurieMU > Accelerometer. Click Upload icon.
    • You should see a "Starting download script... SUCCESS: Sketch will execute in about 5 seconds." message. Then clicked the Serial Monitor icon as shown in the picture below:
      • serial-monitor-icon.JPG
    • Make sure you have the same settings as shown in the picture below: [X] Autoscroll [ ] Show timestamp Newline | 9600 baud | Clear output
      • serial-monitor-settings.JPG

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please let me know more details about your environment (for example, using Arduino IDE version 1.X.X, on Linux Ubuntu 16.04, etc.) so I can try to replicate the problem. Also let me know if you see any error messages when uploading the sketch.

If you have any additional questions don't hesitate to reach back, I hope have found this information helpful.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Wrong forum.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

We cannot move your question, so you will have to resubmit it in the correct (Intel Makers) forum.

...S

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello YDeng17,

Thank you for posting on this Intel Community.

To better assist you, we are moving this thread to the Intel® Makers forum.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Luis_at_Intel

Hi @YDeng17​ ,

Thanks for reaching out. I have followed the guide you have shared and I was able to get readings our of the TinyTile using the Accelerometer sketch. It looks like you have completed all the setup and the board is being detected. Please take a look at the steps I took below, my suggestion would be to jump to the last step in bold and make sure you have the correct settings.

• Installed Arduino IDE 1.8.9 https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software.
    • I downloaded "Windows Installer, for Windows XP and up" since I'm using Windows* 10.
    • Installed using all default options as shown in the guide you shared here.
  • Started Arduino IDE and installed Intel Curie Boards package by Intel from Tools > Board > Boards Manager ... > Intel Curie Boards by Intel > 2.0.4 Install.
    • Installed device software when prompted .
    • Restarted the Arduino IDE (close and reopen program).
  • Connected the TinyTyle board to PC and opened Device Manager.
    • Expanded Ports (COM & LPT) and make sure there is a device recognized as Arduino 101 Serial Monitor (COM 3), in my case is COM3 but this could differ on your setup.
  • Within the Arduino IDE selected Tools > Board > Arduino/Genuino 101.
  • Within the Arduino IDE selected Port > Serial Port > COM3 (Arduino/Genuino 101), again in my case is COM3.
  • Open desired sketch, File > Examples > CurieMU > Accelerometer. Click Upload icon.
    • You should see a "Starting download script... SUCCESS: Sketch will execute in about 5 seconds." message. Then clicked the Serial Monitor icon as shown in the picture below:
      • serial-monitor-icon.JPG
    • Make sure you have the same settings as shown in the picture below: [X] Autoscroll [ ] Show timestamp Newline | 9600 baud | Clear output
      • serial-monitor-settings.JPG

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please let me know more details about your environment (for example, using Arduino IDE version 1.X.X, on Linux Ubuntu 16.04, etc.) so I can try to replicate the problem. Also let me know if you see any error messages when uploading the sketch.

If you have any additional questions don't hesitate to reach back, I hope have found this information helpful.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel​ 

View solution in original post