Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DGudi
Novice

Transfer incomplete on Arduino IDE

Jump to solution

Hello everybody, I'm new at all of this so I need to apologize

Before saying anything more, My name is David Gudino and I'm from Guadalajara, Mexico. I'm just begin with all this things and my english obviously needs to be more practiced, anyway.

So I'm having this trouble when I tried to upload the blink example to my intel edison board it keeps throwing me this "transfer incomplete" message, before I decided to write here, I looked for an answer so I read about a problem with the memory in /var/log/journal. I tried and it failed, still the same. But if I upload the blink example in XDK it works on perfectly

I'm gone attached as more info as possible so it will make it easier

Arduino IDE 1.6.8

Intel XDK IoT Editon

root@Jarvis:~# configure_edison --version 159.devkit

Thanks

Image 1. Blink Example running on XDK

Image 2. Problem in arduino IDE

image 3. Board and port configured on arduino.

1 Solution
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello DavidGudino,

I believe the issue you are having is related to the serial port you are selecting. I can see from your screenshots that you are selecting /dev/cu.usbserial-A502P4FG but the serial port you should be selecting should look like "/dev/cu.usbmodemXXXX" as stated in https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-arduino-blink# Finding_your_port_on_a_system_with_Mac*_OS_X* IoT - Blinking an LED with the Arduino* IDE | Intel® Developer Zone. I believe you are selecting the "console port" instead of the "Arduino port", do you think this could be the problem? Does your computer detect a serial port with a similar format to "/dev/cu.usbmodemXXXX"?

Peter.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Pedro_M_Intel
Employee

Hello DavidGudino,

I believe the issue you are having is related to the serial port you are selecting. I can see from your screenshots that you are selecting /dev/cu.usbserial-A502P4FG but the serial port you should be selecting should look like "/dev/cu.usbmodemXXXX" as stated in https://software.intel.com/en-us/get-started-arduino-blink# Finding_your_port_on_a_system_with_Mac*_OS_X* IoT - Blinking an LED with the Arduino* IDE | Intel® Developer Zone. I believe you are selecting the "console port" instead of the "Arduino port", do you think this could be the problem? Does your computer detect a serial port with a similar format to "/dev/cu.usbmodemXXXX"?

Peter.

View solution in original post

DGudi
Novice

Hey Peter

unnfortunaly I'm not getting a serial port detected, what can I do ?

DGudi
Novice

Replaced usb cable and it worked.

Thanks