Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HPhan7
Novice

UART Pin 0, Pin 1 RX TX configuration

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I want to use Pin 0,1 as UART to communicate with GPS sensor. I read some sharing and figure out it Serial1 in Arduino sketch then I try to configure those pin follow Sergey block

http://www.malinov.com/Home/sergey-s-blog/intelgalileo-configuringtheserialportinlinux Intel Galileo - Configuring the Serial Port in Linux - Malinov Family Web Presence.

But when I go to puty and type first command the result is " echo: write error: Device or resource busy. Anyone know how to solve the problem?

In the other hands, can I use Serial1 and Serial independently in sketch after configuration?

Finally, is there a method to boot those command line from sketch?

Regards

Frank

Accepted Solutions
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi Frank,

Take a look at , where I think it is described the relationship among serial, serial1, TX-RX, and the Serial Monitor you need to take into account.

If you need to execute commands from a sketch, you can use the function "system()"... but I don't know if this is what you are asking for.

HTH,

Fernando.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi Frank,

Take a look at , where I think it is described the relationship among serial, serial1, TX-RX, and the Serial Monitor you need to take into account.

If you need to execute commands from a sketch, you can use the function "system()"... but I don't know if this is what you are asking for.

HTH,

Fernando.

View solution in original post

HPhan7
Novice

Hi Leonado,

Thanks for your help, I read and tested my board by loop pin 0 and 1. they worked normally. So the thing get problem here is my sensor.

Regards

Frank