Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMeel1
Beginner

UART on edison arduino board

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a sensor that works on two modes (I2C,UART),I am converting the i2c to uart and similarly from uart to i2c. after changing the mode from uart to i2c i am unable to detect the address.I have connected the sensor tx,rx pins to A4,A5 and same to rx and tx(PIN 0, PIN 1).After I change the mode from uart to i2c using nodejs the voltage across the pin 0, pin 1 is 3V. But when the remove the jumper wires from the pin 0 and pin 1 i am able to detect the address,when i put the wires back i am not able to detect the address.

I tried to get the address after rebooting but no luck, but i am able to get the address after i shutdown the device and on.

How can i make voltage on the uart pins to zero after i change the mode from uart to i2c in order to detect the address of the sensor.

Thanks'

Srujani.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello Srujani,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm having troubles understanding what's happening. Could you please try to explain us again the issue?

This is what I believe you are currently doing (or something similar):

Am I right? If so, I believe you could use a TPDT (two pole double throw) relay to keep both lines physically separated and avoid this kind of issues. You could connect it this way:

I hope this helps.

Pedro M.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Srujani,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm having troubles understanding what's happening. Could you please try to explain us again the issue?

This is what I believe you are currently doing (or something similar):

Am I right? If so, I believe you could use a TPDT (two pole double throw) relay to keep both lines physically separated and avoid this kind of issues. You could connect it this way:

I hope this helps.

Pedro M.

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hello Srujani,

Do you have any updates about this?

Pedro M.